2019 Monday morning early arrival breakfast signup

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
will e

2019 Monday morning early arrival breakfast signup

Post by will e »

Time to plan this tradition for 2019! History: For some of the last few years we have had a group breakfast on Monday before the official invasion. Eggs Benedict! It's a group effort and we are getting pretty good at it. We put it all together somewhere around Casey's spot (#47). We don't decide on the time until Sunday, the day before. But we need a head count to make sure we have enough stuff. So this is the official sign up thread. Post your name and the number of folks you are bringing. Also, if you have an egg poacher you can bring let me know. Poaching eggs tends to be the bottleneck. We have plenty of camp stoves and ovens.

EBs total: 37 Sandwich total: 2 to 4

Mike (1) - Sauce, muffins, Canadian bacon and some eggs... (2 EBs)
Casey/Theresa (2) - Muffins (3 EBs)

Ross80truck (4 adults, 2 kids) - Eggs and muffins (8 EB's, 2 Sandwiches (maybe 4))
Simba (2) Irish Coffee and eggs (4 EBs)

Knucklehead (6) and figure 12 EB total. Adding eggs, muffins and Canadian Bacon
hatchet jack (4) (8 EB's) bringing farm fresh eggs

People who sign up will get fed first.

had to drop out:
Derf (1) - propane and timing (2 EBs)
Happy trails (2) (4 EBs)
Last edited by will e on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:00 am, edited 10 times in total.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

derf

Re: 2019 Monday morning early arrival breakfast signup

Post by derf »

I was going to sign up but you already have me in the list. :D

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

derf wrote:I was going to sign up but you already have me in the list. :D
You have a job to do. You need to be there. ;)
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

ross80truck
Vendor

Post by ross80truck »

We are in and so are in the in-laws. So, 4 adults and 2 kids. We will bring English muffins and a dozen eggs.
Priorities
1. God
2. Wife ( Sarah )
3. Children ( Lane & Dirk )
4. Work
5. Jeep

Man it is hard to keep them in the right order!

85 Wagoneer, 6bt, NV4500, Black Box, NP205, D60 front, Corp 14 rear http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1446
76 Cherokee Chief - Cheap Build - SOLD http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2605
81 Jeep Scrambler http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 301#p97301

Simba

Post by Simba »

We are planning on it! Put us down for 2 adults (age wise anyway). We will bring Irish coffee and a dozen eggs.

Mike, I looked at poachers. There are few options, any input on what works best? Also, let me know if you need anything else, muffins, Canadian bacon?
1976 Wagoneer. Lincoln, NE

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Gotcha down for 2.

The poachers I like the best have individual cups and a non-stick coating. I haven't tried the plastic cups. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Cooks-Standard-N ... gg+poacher

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0741WD5Q6/re ... B015YUEZ1K

These cups have a handle that is easy to grab with tongs.

This year I might make up the sauce the day before, fridge it and then reheat. I am going to experiment a bit at home with this idea. That will get things moving a bit quicker and I think the sauce will be a bit thicker, which is what I prefer. I have a 'hot logic' portable food warmer that I think will keep the sauce and bacon at the perfect temperature.

Simba

Post by Simba »

I saw those and the little silicone ones too. I will go with one like you suggested. Your sauce and warmer ideas sound like a good ones!

derf

Post by derf »

If we're going to do more than one pan, we'll need more timers. :D

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

derf wrote:If we're going to do more than one pan, we'll need more timers. :D
I know you can multitask. We can stagger them so that we have eggs ready every 2 1/2 minutes.

derf

Post by derf »

will e wrote:
I know you can multitask. We can stagger them so that we have eggs ready every 2 1/2 minutes.
You really think this group is capable of that kind of precision coordination? :lol:

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

derf wrote:
will e wrote:
You really think this group is capable of that kind of precision coordination? :lol:
I think so! :) At least in this case. The original Benedict breakfast was I believe in 2011. I remember Beth Ann was expecting, but didn't share the info at the time. It was a small group I think just myself, Casey and ???, Beth and Brian.

But over the years it has grown and the process seems to be down pretty good. We just need to speed up production and provide more product. The trick is getting an accurate count so I can make enough sauce. Left over eggs, bacon and English muffins are easy to deal with. Running out of sauce is no good. ;)

I think if I make the sauce in advance, use a warmer for the bacon then Casey can focus on just the muffin part. Theresa provides support for getting it together, you do the timing of the eggs. Everyone puts their own together, placing the bacon on the muffin, get the egg and then put their own sauce on. We might even be able to give folks 2 at a time.

The eggs take 5 minutes. We stagger the start of each set by 2 1/2 minutes. That will give use 2 1/2 minutes to remove the eggs, place on the muffin/bacon and then load up 4 more eggs. Easy! With Simba's help we should be able to crank them out!

derf

Post by derf »

will e wrote:
derf wrote:
will e wrote:
I think so! :) At least in this case. The original Benedict breakfast was I believe in 2011. I remember Beth Ann was expecting, but didn't share the info at the time. It was a small group I think just myself, Casey and ???, Beth and Brian.

But over the years it has grown and the process seems to be down pretty good. We just need to speed up production and provide more product. The trick is getting an accurate count so I can make enough sauce. Left over eggs, bacon and English muffins are easy to deal with. Running out of sauce is no good. ;)

I think if I make the sauce in advance, use a warmer for the bacon then Casey can focus on just the muffin part. Theresa provides support for getting it together, you do the timing of the eggs. Everyone puts their own together, placing the bacon on the muffin, get the egg and then put their own sauce on. We might even be able to give folks 2 at a time.

The eggs take 5 minutes. We stagger the start of each set by 2 1/2 minutes. That will give use 2 1/2 minutes to remove the eggs, place on the muffin/bacon and then load up 4 more eggs. Easy! With Simba's help we should be able to crank them out!
Maybe we can do this. I'll see if there's a decent dual timer app for the phone. If not, I can probably get by with one timer if we keep to schedule. :geek:

ross80truck
Vendor

Post by ross80truck »

derf wrote:
will e wrote:
derf wrote:

Maybe we can do this. I'll see if there's a decent dual timer app for the phone. If not, I can probably get by with one timer if we keep to schedule. :geek:
I think I know how to run a timer. I know I am not as smart or good looking as Roy, but I might be able to be his "apprentice" in the timer operation.
Priorities
1. God
2. Wife ( Sarah )
4. Work
5. Jeep

85 Wagoneer, 6bt, NV4500, Black Box, NP205, D60 front, Corp 14 rear http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1446
76 Cherokee Chief - Cheap Build - SOLD http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2605

derf

Post by derf »

ross80truck wrote:I think I know how to run a timer. I know I am not as smart or good looking as Roy, but I might be able to be his "apprentice" in the timer operation.
Don't sell yourself short. Obviously very few can be as smart and good looking as me, especially at the same time. :mrgreen: But you're no slouch. :-bd

ross80truck
Vendor

Post by ross80truck »

derf wrote:
ross80truck wrote:I think I know how to run a timer. I know I am not as smart or good looking as Roy, but I might be able to be his "apprentice" in the timer operation.
Don't sell yourself short. Obviously very few can be as smart and good looking as me, especially at the same time. :mrgreen: But you're no slouch. :-bd

I will try not to let such a great compliment go to my head oh great one! Thank you.
Priorities
1. God
2. Wife ( Sarah )
4. Work
5. Jeep

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

I don't know Ross, you get distracted by shiny objects. ;)

Simba

Post by Simba »

I think we can pull it off! Tonja and I will help.

HappyTrails

Post by HappyTrails »

Yes!!! Noel and I will be There!!
Pat and Noel

Simba

Post by Simba »

HappyTrails wrote:Yes!!! Noel and I will be There!!
Great!

firecaptain13

Post by firecaptain13 »

Me for 2
88 GW, 5 1/2" lift, Barn Doors!!