2018 I made it back thread

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
shimniok

2018 I made it back thread

Post by shimniok »

I made it back to Denver around 4:30. Traffic was mostly ok but got really jammed up in the last 50 miles approaching Denver.

Had a great time and it was great meeting new folks and seeing friends again!
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

fulsizjeep

Re: 2018 I made it back thread

Post by fulsizjeep »

YAY! Great visiting with you!
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

will e

Post by will e »

Got back into Phoenix. About an hour delay getting through Payson! Overall uneventful.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
shimniok

Post by shimniok »

fulsizjeep wrote:YAY! Great visiting with you!
Same here!!
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

will e wrote:Got back into Phoenix. About an hour delay getting through Payson! Overall uneventful.
Good news. Also good to see you in the San Juans again Mikie!
Flint Boardman

will e

Post by will e »

fulsizjeep wrote:
will e wrote:Got back into Phoenix. About an hour delay getting through Payson! Overall uneventful.
Good news. Also good to see you in the San Juans again Mikie!
I am glad you guys spent some time with the group again. Always good to see you two. Hopefully TITD? You know, when the temps cool down.

Speaking of which.. Holy crap it was hot today! Somewhere around 116 or so degrees. I am worn out. I had to wash and return the truck I borrowed. Wash and return the trailer I borrowed. Move a bunch of stuff around so I can pull back into the garage. Basically my vacation week at Ouray costs me almost 4 days of prepping and un-prepping. Still worth it. Although, next year I might just show up with a Chevy Colorado, do the easy trails and tag along on some others.... :shock:
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Simba

Post by Simba »

Got back late last night. Trip home went well for the most part. I forgot to unlock the hubs after the last trail and drove half way home with them locked. Doh! Was great to see everyone again and meet some new friends too! Really enjoyed ourselves once again! Sitting on the patio now enjoying my last vacation glass of tin cup and a cigar. Looking forward to next year!
1976 Wagoneer. Lincoln, NE

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Stick a fork in the transfer case it is DONE! OK So am I for that matter!!!! :P
It is 12:26AM the day after my BD, and I just pulled into my drive way.

What a strange trip this has been (HEY! That sounds like a good title for a song?)
Anyway as Jerry said yesterday, ""Dusty if it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all""
Truer words have NEVER been spoken.

As my JB Weld Putty fix lasted most of the day, the 112+ weather made pretty good work of it by Kingman, AZ.
I made it home with two quarts of Dex III/Merc fluid leaking everywhere. The only good thing is now my undercarriage is nice and lubricated for wrenching. No bolt under there will give me grief after all that ATF going everywhere.

Speaking of Kingman, AZ. I went in to get a cold drink for Lilly and I, and my XJ was sitting at the pump. When I came out a nice big ugly motor home had just clipped the front fender of my Jeep. (REALLY? TODAY? WHY?)
Then the passenger of said motor home tried to make it my fault!
Freaking Commifornians.

Well Lilly is happy to be home I can tell, as once we hit HWY.2 she wanted to stick her head out of the window of the jeep. She knew it was going to be cooler up here in Wrightwood.

We made it!
I am so thankful to everyone in AZ for all their help this week, and bailing out my sorry bumm.
Also thank you Krista & Flint for helping me out in Mancos CO too. I still can not believe I actually got to worship at the temple of the 401, and give gifts to the QT gods. (sorry for the lower case g)

It was really amazing to see all my old friends, and new ones too!

Thanks again everyone for a GREAT TIME!
I am very blessed to be able to call you guys my friends.
If God is your co-pilot, you need to switch seats!

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Holy guacamole Dusty! Happy Birthday!

You could hardly get a break on this run. Lessee, RV hits parked XJ and it's the XJ's fault? They were not in touch with reality.

Very glad to read you and Lilly are home safe and sound!
Flint Boardman

will e

Post by will e »

Dusty, I am glad you made it home! Not to make this about me BUT my jeep did break down while you were riding in it. ;)

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

Good to know you made it home.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

Glad to hear you made it home Dusty. Thanks for the use of your photo as my Avatar for so long. :D Oh, and Happy Belated Birthday! Mine is coming up this Thursday!

Simba

Post by Simba »

Glad you made it back Dusty! Things have to go better next year! and happy belated Birthday!!
1976 Wagoneer. Lincoln, NE