To do list before Ouray

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
will e

To do list before Ouray

Post by will e »

This is a thread for folks to put together their todo list.

1. Finish installing backup camera (so Casey can't laugh at my parallel parking skills)* DONE!
2. Overhead switches* DONE!
3. Ham radio mount* DONE!
4. CB radio mount DONE!
5. Evil Twin Hand Grab install~ DONE!

6. new seats (maybe)
7. oil change (maybe, it will be a year old but less than 3000 miles)
8. replace bus bars with fuse blocks~
9. Amp meter bypass and, if completed, alternator upgrade
10. fix headliner DONE!
11. Roll cage foam padding DONE!
12. Fix roll cage netting* DONE!

13. Check fluids (just before leaving)* 3
14. Install solid state instrument voltage regulator
15. Buy high capacity oil pan. Install oil temp gauge sender
16. tighten exhaust bolts*
17. find nasty oil leak and fix
18. fix volt meter source switch
19. Wire up aux gauge illumination
20. replace slightly bent main leaf spring
21. Change jets! Done!
22. Reroute HAM radio antenna wire DONE!
23. Install Mic holder 1/2 DONE!

* = must do
~ = would like to do
Last edited by will e on Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 13 times in total.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Hatchet Jack

Re: To do list before Ouray

Post by Hatchet Jack »

load up
gas up
head out
arrive
drink tequila
have fun

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Made a bit of progress on the list today. But nothing I can check off the list. I need to get serious about the bent spring. It drives and wheels fine so no panic.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Austin4x4

Post by Austin4x4 »

Finish the body work on the roof, fix a squeaky belt, and add seatbelts. Last one is to make the wife happy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Simba

Post by Simba »

Too much to think about!
1976 Wagoneer. Lincoln, NE

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

I spent most of the day diddle farting around on the Jeep. I did make a lot of progress on 1/4 of the list and do get to check one thing off! It's warming up here in Phoenix but I was able to hang out in the garage most of the day. For me there are two parts to jeeping. There is the trails, and I love them, but I also enjoy a day in the garage working on upgrades to the Jeep. Today was a good day. Some of the stuff fought me but in the end I prevailed.

bigun

Post by bigun »

Austin4x4 wrote:, fix a squeaky belt.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Sure the squeaky belt gets fixed what about the others?

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Knocked a couple more things off the list. It's getting pretty warm in the garage! Something tells me I have zero chance of getting the entire list done.

Simba

Post by Simba »

Well at least you're finger is in good shape this year Mike

Simba

Post by Simba »

I have quite a bit to get done yet on the Jeep but we'rere trying to get ready for Anna's graduation party so working on getting the house ready for that.

Simba

Post by Simba »

I have quite a bit to get done yet on the Jeep but we'rere trying to get ready for Anna's graduation party so working on getting the house ready for that.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Managed to get another thing off the list. Installed a Evil Twin "hand grab". See here for info:

http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... =34&t=5620

Since I have a roll cage installed I couldn't attach it to the 'A' piller, so I used the roll cage instead. Works great!

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

made some progress today but I have to tell ya, it's 108 in Phoenix today and it was hot out in the garage. Except for the Jets the Jeep could roll the trails in the San Juan's no problema. I will swap out the jets next weekend mostly to be sure there are no leaks afterwards.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Not sure I approve your choice of words Mikie. "roll the trails" ??? ;)

Me... Well, I need to get the splinters out of my ass...
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Haha, yeah probably not the best way to say it. What was your nickname after that? I can't recall except it had the word Jack.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Se·ñor Jackhead :D

Just last week, I slammed the top of my head into the top of the door jam. There was total failure with target acquisition to the driver seat. It left a scab. A lot like running into that tree limb at TITD last year.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

derf

Post by derf »

Well, it had been a couple of months since I drove Truck Norris. But I hooked up the battery and he fired right up. Washed all of the accumulated dust off him too.

Turns out I have a little bit of a fuel leak. I'm thinking it may be the return line because it only appears to leak when running. And that might account for my "less than stellar" fuel mileage. I'll dig into it this weekend.

The budget allows for it so I'm going to get a Ham radio for the truck rather than relying on my handheld. Everything is already there for it from the last radio. So it'll be easy to wire up.

In just over two weeks I'll be heading out to Ouray. Can't wait.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

fulsizjeep wrote:Se·ñor Jackhead :D

Just last week, I slammed the top of my head into the top of the door jam. There was total failure with target acquisition to the driver seat. It left a scab. A lot like running into that tree limb at TITD last year.
That's it!
And yeah that tree limb hurt!

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

derf wrote:
The budget allows for it so I'm going to get a Ham radio for the truck rather than relying on my handheld. Everything is already there for it from the last radio. So it'll be easy to wire up.

In just over two weeks I'll be heading out to Ouray. Can't wait.
Awesome! I will try to be more active on the Ham this year. Yeah, just a couple weeks away! I can't wait!

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

I got the jets swapped out today. I went back up to the 61's. Last year was the first year I ran 60's and it seemed to struggle more at the higher altitudes. Here in Phoenix I run 64's. Maybe I should go a bit fatter here in Phoenix. I might get a set of 65's or 66's and see if I notice a difference.