Stuff to do before the 2017 Invasion

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Riverrat

Re: Stuff to do before the 2017 Invasion

Post by Riverrat »

Well I haven't won the lottery yet or come into a bunch of extra vacation time, both are high on the list...wishing we could spend at least a month out west traveling! A week will have to do for now. Good luck to everyone on your projects! See you in a month!!
BethAnn aka T-Rex
2016 JK Unlimited Sport Hydro Blue Pearl
Factory 3.73 gears, 17x9 Tactik steel wheels, BFG KO2 All-Terrains 285/75 R17, Teraflex 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Teraflex front sway bar quick disconnects, Alien Sunshade
Yard full of FSJs that aren't mine :lol: 8-)

derf

Post by derf »

My truck is back together with a flex plate that works. The transmission was under-filled so it was overheating a little. Some more tweaks like adjusting the TV cable on the 700R4 and getting my CB/Ham radio installation finished, along with a couple of weeks of shakedown driving is all that I have planned.

Of course, that means that something is going to blow up in my face and I'll have to bring the XJ again...

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

derf wrote:My truck is back together with a flex plate that works. The transmission was under-filled so it was overheating a little. Some more tweaks like adjusting the TV cable on the 700R4 and getting my CB/Ham radio installation finished, along with a couple of weeks of shakedown driving is all that I have planned.

Of course, that means that something is going to blow up in my face and I'll have to bring the XJ again...
Yea for truck Norris!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

All right folks! Time is a wasting! I have done NOTHING on my list except the custom roof rack, which I didn't actually do, RSTEP did.
And it looks great!

My finger splint comes off next week so I should be able to work the list a bit before I get there. I am going to attack the exhaust leak and get the oil changed for sure.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Okay, finger splint comes off on Wednesday. Next weekend I will change the oil and see if I can do something about the exhaust leak. Maybe change the jets and get the tires balanced too.

I think I have a trailer and my buddy is going to let me use his 2500 silverado again with the cummings and allison transmission stuff so I plan on trailering it up!

I need to get serious about the HAM radio and getting the repeaters and APRS programmed in.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

az chip

Post by az chip »

I need to get serious about the HAM radio and getting the repeaters and APRS programmed in.
Thanks for the reminder!
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Got the Ham programmed, but will probably tweek when we get to Ouray. Splint came off, tendon held but I can't bend my finger very far. Doc says it will take a while. But I am going to try to get some work done on the Jeep this weekend. Oil change for sure.

tedlovesjeeps71

will e wrote:Got the Ham programmed, but will probably tweek when we get to Ouray. Splint came off, tendon held but I can't bend my finger very far. Doc says it will take a while. But I am going to try to get some work done on the Jeep this weekend. Oil change for sure.
Don't injure it again... You're running out of time. Image

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

I got the oil drained and will replace the filter and refill tomrrow.
Found a loose exhaust bolt. I just tightened it down. It probably will leak a little but I am hopeful it is quiet enough for Ouray.
My AIR pump pully wasn't aligning so I reversed it and it still didn't align. So I cut the belt off. I will fix it later. LOL
I got a couple of repeaters programmed into the radio. Also set it up for APRS but haven't messed with it.

But it was progress and my hand is still only about 60% useful.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Found out today the finger is still a bit from being good. Spinning off the oil filter was both interesting and a bit painful. Mostly I was worried the tendon would snap off again! But I got the new oil filter in and the oil filled. I fired it up and I think the exhaust leak is gone or at least better. I will know more when I take it for a spin tomorrow. I have to get the HAM radio back in, that should be pretty easy.

How's everyone else coming along? Time is growning short people, it's July! I am leaving two weeks from today so I only have this weekend and next to get'r done.

derf

Post by derf »

Radios are in.Image
W0JPR

Check out my gear ratio calculator

If you can't fix it with a hammer or duct tape you have an electrical problem.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

HAHA 10-4 good buddy!

tedlovesjeeps71

Breaker-Breaker.... This here's the rubber duck. Any you slap jockeys got ur ears up!?!

Lol!

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Current state of my Ouray engine.

Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

az chip

Post by az chip »

derf wrote:Radios are in.Image
I like your yaesu 227 Memorizer 2 meter. Can you do repeaters with that? Thought they needed a tone board to work repeaters.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

derf

Post by derf »

az chip wrote:
derf wrote:Radios are in.Image
I like your yaesu 227 Memorizer 2 meter. Can you do repeaters with that? Thought they needed a tone board to work repeaters.
I got it frome my father and he built the tone board that's in it.
W0JPR

az chip

Post by az chip »

That is awesome!

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Tightening the exhaust bolt seems to have done the trick. I got a few minor things done as well. It just got too hot outside so I will try to get a few more things done in the morning.

derf

Post by derf »

The truck seems to be running well so far but it gets a touch warm when pulling uphill grades. I'm going to try some tweaks but I think the long term solution is a better radiator. Everything is new with the rebuilt 401 from the radiator to the hoses to the water pump. Even the heater core. The radiator is a stock replacement 3 core. I think a BJs aluminum radiator would do the trick. I'm going to try a jaunt up into the mountains for a test drive this week to see how bad it gets. But I think it will be manageable.
W0JPR

tedlovesjeeps71

You running a shroud??