2017 FSJ Ouray Invasion

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

will e

Re: 2017 FSJ Ouray Invasion

Post by will e »

Riverrat wrote:I slacked off on our reservation but I just called and left a message for Deborah. We're planning to be there Sunday-Saturday and probably a little pre-invasion run up to Leadville on our way to Ouray. Planning to bring our little girl this time, along with the newest addition to our vehicle herd, my new 2016 JK Unlimited! :fsj: And of course T-Rex! :mrgreen:

That will be a much nicer cross country ride. ;) And a great wheeler for Ouray too! I am looking forward to seeing you all again.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Grand_Wag_85 wrote:Poughkeepsie is the roughest trail in Ouray, VERY bumpy, lots of rocks and several off camber points a spotter will definitely come in handy but I think a stock GW could do it no problem with the right driver and some patience.
:shock: Please, please, please do not try to run Poughkeepsie in a stock FSJ. Especially going up. That would be a bad plan because you are gonna drag some steel on the rocks. It starts there and leads to getting hung up. That is when I get out the C4 to clear the trail. ;)
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Riverrat wrote:...my new 2016 JK Unlimited!
How do I describe those tires... CUTE

:P
Flint Boardman

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

fulsizjeep wrote:
Grand_Wag_85 wrote:Poughkeepsie is the roughest trail in Ouray, VERY bumpy, lots of rocks and several off camber points a spotter will definitely come in handy but I think a stock GW could do it no problem with the right driver and some patience.
:shock: Please, please, please do not try to run Poughkeepsie in a stock FSJ. Especially going up. That would be a bad plan because you are gonna drag some steel on the rocks. It starts there and leads to getting hung up. That is when I get out the C4 to clear the trail. ;)
That sounds like a challenge to me. Who's holding my drink and who's filming?
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Nikkormat wrote:That sounds like a challenge to me. Who's holding my drink and who's filming?
I am the one who will leave the scene. Plausible deniability. ;)
Flint Boardman

will e

Post by will e »

fulsizjeep wrote:
What the heck you talkin' about? I did it in a slightly modified FSJ no problem....

81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

will e wrote:
fulsizjeep wrote:
What the heck you talkin' about? I did it in a slightly modified FSJ no problem....

Slightly modified....ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

C4 will move it out of the way.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Flint Boardman

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

fulsizjeep wrote:
Riverrat wrote:...my new 2016 JK Unlimited!
How do I describe those tires... CUTE

:P
Oh, I know! They're adorable. :geek: My first modification is in the works, 17x9 steelies with some 33" BFGs. Stock wheels are 16" (which is actually fine but I need something with less backspacing and I'd rather have a little bigger diameter if I'm running bigger tires on a DD) and I think the tires are 29s.
BethAnn aka T-Rex
2016 JK Unlimited Sport Hydro Blue Pearl
Factory 3.73 gears, 17x9 Tactik steel wheels, BFG KO2 All-Terrains 285/75 R17, Teraflex 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Teraflex front sway bar quick disconnects, Alien Sunshade
Yard full of FSJs that aren't mine :lol: 8-)

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

will e wrote:
fulsizjeep wrote:

This is a rare case of, the picture is actually better than seeing it in person! It happened so fast when I watched it. I was a little concerned for Scott! :shock: I love this picture. "Slightly modified". :-bd
BethAnn aka T-Rex
Factory 3.73 gears, 17x9 Tactik steel wheels, BFG KO2 All-Terrains 285/75 R17, Teraflex 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Teraflex front sway bar quick disconnects, Alien Sunshade

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

Grand_Wag_85 wrote:
Gumby wrote:They're not as bad as some other yellow shirts.
For sure. Just watch out for Torre. Should you run into her just tell her that Ruthie from Alaska was asking for her.
Ha! Yeah I remember that! Also "Who's in charge here?" "What is your name?" Torre was the devil and she was stalking all of us. She was like an overzealous school hall monitor. :evil:
BethAnn aka T-Rex

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

Gabe, I'll hold your beer...only because I don't believe you are quite 21 yet. :p

IMO a stock GW can go DOWN Poughkeepsie but no way it's going UP.

Flint, how is a C4 Ford transmission going to get it down the trail? :p
Riverrat wrote: Ha! Yeah I remember that! Also "Who's in charge here?" "What is your name?" Torre was the devil and she was stalking all of us. She was like an overzealous school hall monitor. :evil:
Yeah that was a fun time!
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

I believe that I will drag hitch, but I have no reason to believe I couldn't make the same line as these stock flat fenders. https://youtu.be/4C_rPm-Ogao

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

And surley your not calling an FSJ less capable than a Forester. https://youtu.be/gw1nNdEVPf8

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

You gonna go for it? :D
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Grand_Wag_85 wrote:You gonna go for it? :D
Heck Yeah! I don't know if I'll be at Ouray this year, but hopefully next year.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

I think I can make the same line as this blue Cherokee https://youtu.be/8E0c3T3YcOw

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Grand_Wag_85 wrote:Flint, how is a C4 Ford transmission going to get it down the trail? :p
This is not at all my concern. :P

Nikkormat wrote:And surley your not calling an FSJ less capable than a Forester. https://youtu.be/gw1nNdEVPf8
Don't call me Shirley. ...and, yes I am. ;) I am also saying if you show up without low range, you are on your own with the flying lessons. I am calling that video a waste of bandwidth, bah humbug and smoked clutch.

Nikkormat wrote:I think I can make the same line as this blue Cherokee https://youtu.be/8E0c3T3YcOw
So you think that line still exists after 14 or 15 years? :D It changes every year. ;)
Flint Boardman

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

fulsizjeep wrote:So you think that line still exists after 14 or 15 years? :D It changes every year. ;)
And that's the thing! I wheeled Ouray in 1996 when I was 17 in a stock K5 Jimmy. It was just sight seeing by today's standards. The wear and tear on so many of the trails had bumped up the difficulty of all the trails over the years and like Flint said, it changes every year after the heavy equipment clears the paths. Some years you could do Yankee boy in a Lincoln Town car, some years (or times of year) the rocks will threaten the oil pan of any stock height SUV. It's one of the things I love about Ouray; is always the same and still always a little different too.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

There was a 2WD minivan near the top of Yankee Boy this year. Was parked there all week.
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW