2017 FSJ Ouray Invasion

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: 2017 FSJ Ouray Invasion

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

So 19,20,21 July but people come earlier/stay longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will e

Post by will e »

Yes. People come earlier, very few, if any, stay longer. I am going to show up on the 16th (or the 15th) and bug out early morning on the 22nd or 23rd. If you plan on showing up early, sign up for the eggs benedict breakfast on Monday!
Last edited by will e on Sat May 06, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Well shoot, Wyatt's Wagoneer has a stuck brake and or bad rear wheel bearing. And with the rate he fixes things it should be done around November! So I may have to bum trail rides from you guys.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

I think I am having a premature senior moment. I appear to be confused about what tent site I am actually in.

Well, whatever, I'll just show up at the Montpelier KOA on April 33rd like we planned* and someone will point me in the right direction.

* Kidding.

I updated the map earlier today. I think it is correct, except for ... squirrel!

PS: I will be staying until Sunday.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

tedlovesjeeps71

So here's a question. For someone like me who is hopeful of attending but doesn't want to take up a space (or have the money for it) because they don't know when, if I can come, it will be for ?? Days.?. I was thinking I may pull the tentcot out of storage and find someplace to set it up. I don't need much. Place to park the Jeep and crash. Spent enough time in the field that a few days "camping" sure won't kill me. Just not sure where to do that on short notice if I can make it. Thoughts?

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:So here's a question. For someone like me who is hopeful of attending but doesn't want to take up a space (or have the money for it) because they don't know when, if I can come, it will be for ?? Days.?. I was thinking I may pull the tentcot out of storage and find someplace to set it up. I don't need much. Place to park the Jeep and crash. Spent enough time in the field that a few days "camping" sure won't kill me. Just not sure where to do that on short notice if I can make it. Thoughts?

Ted, you're welcome to join me in my site. We'll have plenty of room for your tentcot, my tentcot, and a one man tent.

tedlovesjeeps71

Nikkormat wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:So here's a question. For someone like me who is hopeful of attending but doesn't want to take up a space (or have the money for it) because they don't know when, if I can come, it will be for ?? Days.?. I was thinking I may pull the tentcot out of storage and find someplace to set it up. I don't need much. Place to park the Jeep and crash. Spent enough time in the field that a few days "camping" sure won't kill me. Just not sure where to do that on short notice if I can make it. Thoughts?

Ted, you're welcome to join me in my site. We'll have plenty of room for your tentcot, my tentcot, and a one man tent.
Is KOA ok with that? I'd appreciate it. Just don't want to make any bad blood when they are nice enough to accommodate us.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
Nikkormat wrote:

Is KOA ok with that? I'd appreciate it. Just don't want to make any bad blood when they are nice enough to accommodate us.

I believe so, I think the sites are for up to four people. We might have to pay for an additional vehicle but it wouldn't be much.

tedlovesjeeps71

Nikkormat wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
Nikkormat wrote:

I believe so, I think the sites are for up to four people. We might have to pay for an additional vehicle but it wouldn't be much.
Cool. If ya got room I'd appreciate it. My best guess is if I can swing it I'd leave the springs Wednesday morning early. That way I only miss 2 days (nights) of school.

derf

Post by derf »

I think the rule is 2 tents per site.

I have just one tent at my site and would be willing to share space if there's too many at Nikkormat's site.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

The FSJ community is fantastic. Whatever happens we'll take care of you. :)

tedlovesjeeps71

Nikkormat wrote:The FSJ community is fantastic.
that's da truff!!

Nikkormat wrote: Whatever happens we'll take care of you. :)
Thanks man!

az chip

Post by az chip »

I will only have one tent as well. But I better not hear any late night part transfers going on!
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

tedlovesjeeps71

az chip wrote:I will only have one tent as well. But I better not hear any late night part transfers going on!
Like driveshafts into slip yokes?? How about headlight fondling?

az chip

Post by az chip »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
az chip wrote:I will only have one tent as well. But I better not hear any late night part transfers going on!
Like driveshafts into slip yokes?? How about headlight fondling?

Not A N Y T H I N G !
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

pink tag it...
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

will e

Post by will e »

This is going to be a fun year.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

I wore that for a bit! The pink tag, not that awesome blonde ponytail.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

tedlovesjeeps71

I still think you should do the T-Rex thing... ImageImage

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

The T-Rex is riverrats deal, I was only hoping she was ready to pass it along! :cry:
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.