2017 FSJ Ouray Invasion

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

fulsizjeep

Re: 2017 FSJ Ouray Invasion

Post by fulsizjeep »

They should be fairly happy. Except Tori but we don't talk about her much any more. The group has been staying there every July since 2002. $$$$

If you want to gift them something, Dave likes our shirts. XL will work.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

will e

Post by will e »

ok I got confirmation from Dave. Wednesday checkin and Saturday checkout.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Cool... I realize they make money off the fsj invasion. Just thought I'd be nice to be extra nice since it seems like juggling hand grenades. Is it like this every year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will e

Post by will e »

This year has been pretty quiet, of course it's not as big a turn out as some years. What's unfortunate is when someone with a close spot cancels the week before.
There will most likey be a few more drop outs. And a few last minute "I'm going to make it"!
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

tedlovesjeeps71

Well.. I'm still hopeful. If I do I'll make some brownies to give the KOA folks for being so accommodating.

derf

Post by derf »

I still have space for a second tent in my spot for any of the last minute "I'm gonna make it" crowd.

And I'm going to be there starting Friday the 14th, though I'll be leaving Saturday the 22nd.

tedlovesjeeps71

derf wrote:I still have space for a second tent in my spot for any of the last minute "I'm gonna make it" crowd.

And I'm going to be there starting Friday the 14th, though I'll be leaving Saturday the 22nd.
If I can move some of stuff in my online "garage sale", I'll probably be one of those tents. Image

SparkyB

Post by SparkyB »

I'm hoping to come out this year and finally meet you guys. Looks like Friday would be the only day I could tho. Still have to finish installing the rear axle in the Wagoneer, but I did swap in the np229 into the Eagle so I could bring that if its allowable. Hey it's still AMC right?

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Eagles, FCs and Willy's full bodies are first cousins and more than welcome. Subarus, Buicks and Yugos aren't even related and they're welcome too. Basically, if you are there and you know why you are there, you're welcome to be there. If you're there and you don't know why you're there, you're still welcome. Basically, don't be an ass and you're welcome to be there. Look forward to meeting you in real life! :-bd
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

*too much of an ass. Nobody's perfect. ;)
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

SparkyB

Post by SparkyB »

REDONE wrote:Eagles, FCs and Willy's full bodies are first cousins and more than welcome. Subarus, Buicks and Yugos aren't even related and they're welcome too. Basically, if you are there and you know why you are there, you're welcome to be there. If you're there and you don't know why you're there, you're still welcome. Basically, don't be an ass and you're welcome to be there. Look forward to meeting you in real life! :-bd
Funny you mention Subaru, my Forester has done the Alpine Loop and has the scars to prove it. If nothing else il bring it out Image

HOOT

Post by HOOT »

As of tonight I'll be there. I took over Jason Habrock's cabin... er I mean Hatchet jack's cabin kind of sorta or actually he is taking over mine. :shock: :?: :geek:

Either way you look at it I will be there along with a friend of mine or so he says. No the Jeep isn't coming. This year's trip will be road cruising to the maximus in the Challenger. We may rent a Jeep while there.
1980 and 81 J20 melding into a 1980 Utility bed J20. Project cancelled and for sale, found a factory truck.
1980 J20 Utility truck. Replaced above project.
1977 Honcho getting turned into a 1977 J20 Gladoncho.
IFSJA Member #4662 Joined March 28, 2003

We're on a road to nowhere.....

HappyTrails

Post by HappyTrails »

Unfortunately Noel and I will not be attending this year.
We have site 48, next to Casey reserved and will wait a couple days to see if someone wants it.
Pat and Noel

will e

Post by will e »

HappyTrails wrote:Unfortunately Noel and I will not be attending this year.
We have site 48, next to Casey reserved and will wait a couple days to see if someone wants it.
I am sorry to hear that. There are always some drop outs right before the date. I wish you were not one of them. Maybe next year!

HappyTrails

Post by HappyTrails »

Thank you. We will see you next year.
Pat and Noel

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Hey guys, Wyatt is looking for two rear dog dish hub caps. They can be in rough shape they just need to snap on! He's a poor college kid, so he's willing to spend $20.

Like I said, they don't need to be nice. Just serviceable. Anybody have some kicking around?
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

rainman

Post by rainman »

It looks like the family and i are going to try to be there. I just need a spot. I already pm'd happytrails but if anybody else is canceling last minute let me know. I've had to cancel last minute a few times so I know how that feels.

Thanks
1987 Grand Wagoneer
5.2L/46RH/NP229/4"/31s/4.56/ARBs
Current FSJ status: Mostly functional...mostly

will e

Post by will e »

rainman wrote:It looks like the family and i are going to try to be there. I just need a spot. I already pm'd happytrails but if anybody else is canceling last minute let me know. I've had to cancel last minute a few times so I know how that feels.

Thanks

I have 47D on Wed/Thurs/Friday. It's the camp fire spot and I didn't want it to go to a non FSJ person. Let me know if you want it.
It's a great spot, lots of room. The only problem is a bunch of hooligans show up after dark. You never know what you might see. A T-rex, a big dude in something that looks like snuggle pajamas and sometimes folks just fall asleep by the fire. :-bd

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

I'll trade my way into 47D if someone would rather have my spot. I'm bringing a trailer load of firewood from Blake and I don't mind a few people snoring on chairs outside!
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

rainman wrote:It looks like the family and i are going to try to be there. I just need a spot. I already pm'd happytrails but if anybody else is canceling last minute let me know. I've had to cancel last minute a few times so I know how that feels.

Thanks
Awesome!! Not sure you want the party spot with a little one but maybe you and Nikkormat and WillE can figure something out. When are you arriving? We'll find a place for you!
BethAnn aka T-Rex
2016 JK Unlimited Sport Hydro Blue Pearl
Factory 3.73 gears, 17x9 Tactik steel wheels, BFG KO2 All-Terrains 285/75 R17, Teraflex 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Teraflex front sway bar quick disconnects, Alien Sunshade
Yard full of FSJs that aren't mine :lol: 8-)