Anyone in AZ have a trailer I can borrow to tow the Jeep up to Ouray?

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
will e

Anyone in AZ have a trailer I can borrow to tow the Jeep up to Ouray?

Post by will e »

Well, I am going to try it again. I think I will try to tow the jeep up behind a big old Chevy Diesel. I just need a trailer to load it on. Let me know if you have one I can use. I am leaving on the 10th and coming back on the 17th so probably the 9th to the 18th for the trailer.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

firecaptain13

Re: Anyone in AZ have a trailer I can borrow to tow the Jeep up to Ouray?

Post by firecaptain13 »

oh Mikey
88 GW, 5 1/2" lift, Barn Doors!!

AwesomeJ10

Post by AwesomeJ10 »

nothing wrong with towing - I'm planning to tow the Honcho. Maybe you can rent a dolly from uhaul? My buddy rent 'em for about 30 bucks a day.

I dunno what shape your tow rig is in, but my experience with towing with an older truck is the 'adventure' starts the minute you leave the house cause it can break too!

P.S. It's fuel injected. Vortec!!

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Blake wrote:nothing wrong with towing - I'm planning to tow the Honcho. Maybe you can rent a dolly from uhaul? My buddy rent 'em for about 30 bucks a day.
This is an excellent fall back plan if nobody loans you a trailer. Money Badger fit on a u-haul trailer (full length J-10 with 5-6" of lift and 33s) and towed fine 1262 miles from WA to CO. It might be cheaper to rent it twice, once for the way up and again back home rather than keeping it the whole trip, but uhaul could price it for you.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

firecaptain13 wrote:oh Mikey

Haha Yeah I know! It will be interesting to see what is more anxious. Pulling a trailer or driving my big old rig. The thought of doing

Dolly isn't an option, I am too wide. Fallback for a dolly I could toss a couple of 'duelly' rims on the front and then I would probably be able to get on a dolly. I would have to swap tires when I got to camp.

My buddy is going to loan me his big chevy diesel. It's a later model, 4 door and maybe even a long bed. It's a great tow vehicle. Duramax and allison if I remember correctly.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

Blake that is a gorgeous truck!
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!