Ouray! eggs benedict on monday the 11th (sign up!)

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
will e

Ouray! eggs benedict on monday the 11th (sign up!)

Post by will e »

Casey and I started a tradition of making eggs benedict the first morning we are in Ouray KOA. This year will be monday the 11th.

Let me know if you are interested in joing. The catch is you may need to help! As the number of people gets larger we need more hands to help. And we don't all eat at the same time since we can only poach 4 or so eggs at once. Last year was nice, we rotated the servings as the eggs were done.

So post up if you want to join us.

Eggs benedict is a toasted english muffin with Canadian bacon. You place a poached egg on top and then cover in holandasise sauce. A sprinkle of pepper adds just the right bit of zip to it. It's really yummy!

:-bd

Confirmed
Mike - 1
Casey - 2
Grand_wag_85 - 2 (will bring some eggs)
Beth and Brian - Maybe
Last edited by will e on Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

firecaptain13

Re: Ouray! eggs benedict on monday the 11th (sign up!)

Post by firecaptain13 »

production line at site 47
88 GW, 5 1/2" lift, Barn Doors!!

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

Count us in. I can bring a batch of fresh brown eggs if it helps.
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Well shoot, I guess I know what day I'm getting to Ouray. (Sunday, I can't miss hollandaise sauce!)

Count me in for two people (trying to make Wyatt come and bring the 91) I can bring supplies or help with cooking. Let me know.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Great - I have you marked down.

For all you would be diners, if you have an egg poacher that would help speed things up.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

Wish we'd be there! Save me some hollandaise sauce and I'll make eggs Tuesday? We should be rolling in Monday afternoon.
BethAnn aka T-Rex
2016 JK Unlimited Sport Hydro Blue Pearl
Factory 3.73 gears, 17x9 Tactik steel wheels, BFG KO2 All-Terrains 285/75 R17, Teraflex 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Teraflex front sway bar quick disconnects, Alien Sunshade
Yard full of FSJs that aren't mine :lol: 8-)

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Riverrat wrote:Wish we'd be there! Save me some hollandaise sauce and I'll make eggs Tuesday? We should be rolling in Monday afternoon.
Hey! I am looking forward to seeing you and the family! Maybe we can make EB on another day as well!

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

I'd go for Tuesday the rest of the week tends to seem more rushed in the morning (or is it just me?). We're going to be minus one. Tenth anniversary and my mom is taking Katelyn for the week. I'm excited about it but also nervous, 4 days is the longest I've been away from her and that seemed like a really long time! I think it'll be fun though. Having a 4 year old is sort of like how I imagine a squirrel on crack feels... LOL. She's the best and I wish we could bring her along and simultaneously have adult time but we can't. So just the two of us and we might even get crazy enough to do a night run! But, probably not.
BethAnn aka T-Rex
Factory 3.73 gears, 17x9 Tactik steel wheels, BFG KO2 All-Terrains 285/75 R17, Teraflex 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Teraflex front sway bar quick disconnects, Alien Sunshade

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

I'm afraid I've got to bow out of the monday morning festivities. Found out I'm working late on sunday and while I am ok with a 1 am arrival; a 3 am arrival is just too late.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

No worries. I am just happy you are going to make it!

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

Our plans just changed a lot. Wet may be there for this on Monday. ?
BethAnn aka T-Rex

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Riverrat wrote:Our plans just changed a lot. Wet may be there for this on Monday. ?
Who is wet? Or are you going to be wet? Oh, don't tell me it is going to rain!

srobertsfsj

Post by srobertsfsj »

bummer i wont be there until Tuesday! :(
Scott R.

'86 Grand Wagoneer "Super Chief" 5.3L drivetrain/ WT conversion / TT's Fabworks SOA and SF / 37x12.5x17 BFG A/T KO3 http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 294&p=3364

"After years of being paranoid about my Jeep’s temp going towards that 220F mark, I’m realizing that if it was real problem, Jeep engineers would have painted that area RED." - FSJ Guy

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

Well as of today next week's weather looks fantastic! Fingers crossed it stays that way! I think or new plan is to show up Tuesday but I'm sad we'll miss the eggs Benedict! One of my favorites! Last time I partook in Ouray early bird eggs Benedict I was pregnant with Katelyn! I'm planning on some Bloody Mary mornings all week if anyone is interested. I won't mix them strong and the cutoff is one!
BethAnn aka T-Rex

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Riverrat wrote:Well as of today next week's weather looks fantastic! Fingers crossed it stays that way! I think or new plan is to show up Tuesday but I'm sad we'll miss the eggs Benedict! One of my favorites! Last time I partook in Ouray early bird eggs Benedict I was pregnant with Katelyn! I'm planning on some Bloody Mary mornings all week if anyone is interested. I won't mix them strong and the cutoff is one!

Yeah I remember that year! You had not yet announced your 'condition' and I couldn't figure out why you wouldn't even sip the champane!

So eggs benedict is eggs, english muffins, canadian bacon and sauce (uses milk and butter). I will bring extra of all of these things. It's not like I can't use them later in the week. And who knows, maybe we can do a 'round two'.