40s era Bantam TC-3 trailer

Sales area for Non-FSJ Related Items
Forum rules
Please read the sales area rules before posting here. Thanks!

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

40s era Bantam TC-3 trailer

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Next on the chopping block is my 40s era Bantam Civilian TC-3 trailer. Small keep trailers still seem to be "all the rage" and this is a slightly less common civilian version. I bought it 8 years or so ago and rolled it into the back of my storage container while the Army moved me around. Now that we're broke... nothing is off limits for sale.
The trailer isn't perfect but sure is a perfect candidate for restoration. Like most things in Colorado it's got surface rust from the sun beating the paint to death. No rust through that I remember but I can take better pics if someone is serious. It's a 30 minute drive to storage now so gas money is tight.
One thing to note. Unlike the military trailers, the civilian ones came with a tailgate built in. Not some hacked in back yard effort. The rt side support wing is bent a little and there may be a small bow in the tailgate itself. But overall this thing is in amazing shape. Too bad I gotta sell it because I'm not likely to find another one anytime soon. Let alone one I could afford as the prices are climbing on these.
So here's some pics. I'll start pricing at $1400.00 bucks. I can even trailer it (put it on my trailer) and tow it in the CO area but would need gas money.
Let me know folks... this is being posted around now. I'm in Colorado Springs, Trailer is in Peyton Co (storage)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: 40s era Bantam TC-3 trailer

Post by Stuka »

That is such an awesome trailer. Which I had a place for it, and well that I wasnt 18 hours away :P Hope you find a good home for it.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Stuka wrote:That is such an awesome trailer. Which I had a place for it, and well that I wasnt 18 hours away :P Hope you find a good home for it.
I know brotha... I know. Plan used to be (pipe dream?) that I would restore a civy jeep (2-3a or willys wagon) and restore this to go with it. I lucked into it and squirreled it away for one day. Well... one day is grim and it's nothing like I hoped for. Now it's survival. It'll make someone a cool trailer. Guess it's not in the cards for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonbob

Post by Bostonbob »

I have plenty of road trips coming , Jefferson city Mo , Winston Salem NC , Las Vegas NE , SLC Utah so don't let shipping stop anyone from helping Ted. pm me if your not close to any areas listed , I travel alot

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Bostonbob wrote:I have plenty of road trips coming , Jefferson city Mo , Winston Salem NC , Las Vegas NE , SLC Utah so don't let shipping stop anyone from helping Ted. pm me if your not close to any areas listed , I travel alot
Thanks brotha!!! Offer and support are appreciated!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonbob

Post by Bostonbob »

Hopefully I can help