1989 Suburban 2500?

Sales area for Non-FSJ Related Items
Forum rules
Please read the sales area rules before posting here. Thanks!

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

1989 Suburban 2500?

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Since I'm having a fire sale I may as well put the tow pig up for sale. Tags expire in a couple days anyways and we can't afford new ones. It's not a nice truck, body is pretty rusty since it was an east coast rig. It does run and drive ok, 4Wd works etc.
Basics: 350 TBI motor, TH400, ?? TCase( I'll have to look to see which one), 8 lug 44(?) front and semi float 14 bolt rear. 373 gears.
what's been done in the last year:
NEW!---radiator (last month), tires (about 3-4 months ago?), mile marker hubs (all metal like Warn premium ones), front brakes (pads,rotors, calipers), rear axle converted to discs (lugnut4x4 kit), gas tank and sending unit (gage doesn't work now so I think a wire came loose?), spun cat and muffler, dizzy replaced at the end of 2015, new receiver hitch when the gas tank was replaced.
It's been painfully reliable for me, made the trip west from VA back in April and has helped me drag all my junk from storage in Golden down the Colorado Springs.
Rust is all body as far as I've seen. Frame looks very solid. The tailgate (also rusty) still works, including the power window. Rest of the truck is power locks, manual windows.
Not sure anyone would want to restore this as there are lots of better, rust free versions around. Would make a great plow truck or junk hauler. Or maybe just hack off the body and toss a J-truck on it?
All I can say is we are broke, including my back. We need money so I'm selling what I can. I'd love to get $2500.00 for the truck but I know that's a lot. Someone help me out, make an offer. All I can do is say no?

ImageImage

Sorry for the bad pics. Not sure where all my other ones went. I'll get more tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Re: 1989 Suburban 2500?

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Oops... site won't let me edit? :(
Truck is in Colorado Springs. Transfer case is a 241C. Here's some quick pics I just took but it got dark on me. Sorry.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sorry for all the junk in it. Had to pick up the interior parts for the XJ. I also should mention it's sitting on 3-4" of lift. When I bought it the truck was sitting on 35s (315.75s) and didn't rub. I couldn't afford new 35s so we went with what we could afford. Works better, gear ratio wise, for towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk