Not getting email when I get a PM

Area to ask questions or post comments related to this forum.

Topic author
JeepsAndGuns

Not getting email when I get a PM

Post by JeepsAndGuns »

Just found out I got a PM almost a week ago, however I did not ever receive a email to let me know. I stay really busy and usually only get on here about once a week, but would have gotten on sooner if I knew I had a PM.
I double checked my settings and the box is checked to get a email and notification when I get a PM. I checked my spam folder and there is nothing in there.
Also, every other forum I am a member of, has some type of a popup as soon as I open the site to let me know I have a PM. This site does not. Does this site not do that, or is it not working either?
I am using google chrome and gmail.
79 Cherokee Cheif. MPFI 401, T18/D20, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
93 YJ. 4.0, 5 Speed, SYE, hydroboost, WJ knuckles/brakes, 8.8 rear, OME 2.5in lift, warn M10000 winch. 31x10.50's
99 WJ limited. 4.0, auto, 2wd, stock.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Not getting email when I get a PM

Post by Stuka »

I am aware of the issue, and have talked with the PHPBB guys about it. Registration emails work, and emailing another member directly works perfectly fine, but PM emails do not.

The previous version of PHPBB did use popups, much like VB, however all browsers block popups by default, so they went away from it. Now you have a notifications and private messages count in the upper right hand area of the screen. This also lets you know when somebody quotes you.

So I am aware of the issue, just have not found a fix yet. I suspect its a bug. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
JeepsAndGuns

Re: Not getting email when I get a PM

Post by JeepsAndGuns »

OK. I wasn't sure if it was just a issue with me or everyone. I did eventually see the notification at the top right, it just took me a while to notice it.

Let us know if you find a fix for it.
Thanks.
79 Cherokee Cheif. MPFI 401, T18/D20, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
93 YJ. 4.0, 5 Speed, SYE, hydroboost, WJ knuckles/brakes, 8.8 rear, OME 2.5in lift, warn M10000 winch. 31x10.50's
99 WJ limited. 4.0, auto, 2wd, stock.