Can't reply to PMs?

Area to ask questions or post comments related to this forum.

Topic author
66stepside

Can't reply to PMs?

Post by 66stepside »

It started with not being notified when I had PMs, now I get notifications, but can't reply through the app. Any info on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: Can't reply to PMs?

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Are you using Tapatalk? I see more issues from it almost daily.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Are you using Tapatalk? I see more issues from it almost daily.

Yep. I received a PM from a member about the back spacing on my 66's wide rims and couldn't reply, but had to send him a separate PM.
I thought maybe is was just a minor one time glitch.
That was a few weeks ago.

I received a PM just the other day about selling one of my rhino grills and couldn't reply back through the tapatalk app. So I went to the actual website and replied through the www site and it worked.

So there's something up with the app? Or is it just me and my sausage fingers in conjunction with my single brain cell?

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

I don't think it's you (or me). Tapatalk started out really handy for the user. My understanding is its not so great for the site owners and mods. They have changed a lot in the couple years I've had it. Lots more ads and issues. The Scrambler forum I'm on stopped using it because it's gotten so bad. I'm not at the point of quitting it yet but it probably won't be long.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Tapatalk is fully updated. I have personally not had any issues with it. Either with use, or on the admin side.

But if your app is updated also, not sure what the issue would be. Most likely out of my hands, but will check their support area when I get a chance.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

I have the auto update set on my IPhone 6s Plus, so I can assume my tapatalk app is up to date.

I don't mind having to log in to the www version to reply to PM's. It is nice to be consistently notified when I get DM's is nice, though.