Photobucket method for pics

Area to ask questions or post comments related to this forum.

Topic author
ShagWagon

Photobucket method for pics

Post by ShagWagon »

Sucks!

Takes me 20+ minutes just to get a pic from my smartphone to the forum using this method.

All the add trackers and BS crashing my iPad, logging on and off, Amazon ads, pop ups, etc....

I have to upload to Facebook, save to iPad, upload to photobucket, log on to Facebook, upload pics,copy and paste the url. So many steps.

Can't it just be simple? Maybe lower the pic size restrictions or something so I and every other simpleton that needs to show a pic can do so without having to jump through the Google/Amazon marketing hoops?

I'd like to share pictures but it's too much hassle.

Gotta be a better way.
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

AwesomeJ10

Re: Photobucket method for pics

Post by AwesomeJ10 »

can you use Tapatalk?

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Have you considered using a PC instead of your phone?
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Topic author
ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

Blake wrote:can you use Tapatalk?
I have an somewhat older iPad,new iPhone,PC.

What does tapatalk all do and is it free?

I use my phone to take photos, then upload to FB, then save to IPad, then upload to photo ucket. It's th photbucket that really sucks because it takes forever to load all the ads and pop ups. Then it crashes several times, makes me log on with FB several times with all kinds of errors constantly. Then it takes like several minutes just to click on the url and copy it even because all the autofill/autocorrect stuff loading with all the ads at same time.

Then if I'm lucky I can come here and paste the url into my post if it's still there and hasn't reloaded because I spent so much time messing with photobucket and won't have to re type my post.

A real time consuming hassle.
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

You might consider a different photo sharing service such as Flikr, google + photos, smugmug, 500px or postimage.org. Many sites are ad supported so you have to pay a premium to make them go away.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

ShagWagon wrote:
Blake wrote:can you use Tapatalk?
I have an somewhat older iPad,new iPhone,PC.

What does tapatalk all do and is it free?

I use my phone to take photos, then upload to FB, then save to IPad, then upload to photo ucket. It's th photbucket that really sucks because it takes forever to load all the ads and pop ups. Then it crashes several times, makes me log on with FB several times with all kinds of errors constantly. Then it takes like several minutes just to click on the url and copy it even because all the autofill/autocorrect stuff loading with all the ads at same time.

Then if I'm lucky I can come here and paste the url into my post if it's still there and hasn't reloaded because I spent so much time messing with photobucket and won't have to re type my post.

A real time consuming hassle.
Tapatalk is free. Its an easy to to browse the forum from a dedicated app. It also allows for easy uploading of photos.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

There is another option:
Rent a Linux web server for 80.00 or less a year and use it to host your images. The bonus is you get 1500 email addresses as well.
I send the photos from the camera to my PC's hard drive, edit and resize then Send them through windows file manager/explorer to the server via FTP. Click n drag and done.

I use Omnis based out of Los Angeles. In 5 years there has only been one outage and it lasted less than an hour.

http://www.omnis.com/shared-web-hosting/

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

I agree that Photobucket has been a royal pain to deal with the last few months. But, you don't need to do half of the steps you mentioned... I think. I just go to photobucket on my phone and log in. Then I go to my library and click the "upload" button. From there, I can upload photos from my phone.
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

Skerrvydog

Post by Skerrvydog »

Tapatalk. Instant photo or video on the spot. If I want to actually type instead of thumb texting on my phone, I type my post first on a PC then go back into tapatalk on my phone and edit post to add pics. I don't mess with uploading anything from a PC ever for any forum.
79 Wagoneer - "Sally" - Work in progress
((SOLD))87 Grand Wagoneer - "Benjamin Brown, Plow Dog": The brown helps disguise the rust.
99 XJ Cherokee - "Jack" - DD

glake

Post by glake »

Not to rehash an old, answered problem, but I have to say that PhotoBucket has become a royal pain. I'd like to totally delete the account, but it will loose all my photo links. Has anyone done this and then went back in and then re-uploaded their photos with another service? Time is probably the biggest problem.
1970 Jeep Gladiator: Daily Driver!
1963 Jeep Wagoneer: In progess
1972 Jeep Wagoneer: waiting in the wings

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

You can move to flickr, or imgr, both still work fine.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

DustinLangston

Post by DustinLangston »

Well to make this even worse every photo I've ever posted with photobucket.com now is being held hostage for a $400 account upgrade.........
1982 Wagoneer Limited 5.3L Vortec 4L60E swap - finished/restored - sold - bought back - sold again
1979 Wagoneer 360 TH400 1339 QT - built into perfect daily driver - sold
1981 J10 Sportside Honcho - finished/restored - sold
1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - 5.3L Vortec 6L80E swap - finished/restored - sold
1967 Super Wagoneer - sold, too much work
1978 J10 Golden Eagle - finished/restored - sold
1962 Rambler Classic Cross Country Wagon - current project, wife's daily driver - she'll never let me sell it

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

DustinLangston wrote:Well to make this even worse every photo I've ever posted with photobucket.com now is being held hostage for a $400 account upgrade.........
Yup!
Their business model threw a rod and they resorted to ransoming...
For less than a hundred bucks a year you can rent your own webserver and host all the pix you want.

Topic author
ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

I use the Tapatalk now.

Works great. With my iPad and my iPhone

EAT ME PHOTOBUXIT!!!!