Bunce School Road -or- Dang I Miss AC

Post here to share your FSJ related stories!

Topic author
shimniok

Bunce School Road -or- Dang I Miss AC

Post by shimniok »

I and Violet (my 6yo daughter and avid jeeper) went to visit Nederland, CO and run Bunce School Road, a nearby, popular trail.

A German restaurant in Nederland has hummingbird feeders and being fascinated by all wild creatures we stopped there again for awhile.

By the time we got to Nederland, though, the Jeep had hit 220°F on the climb to town forcing a brief, impromptu park and hike while the Jeep cooled.

What a really hot day. Even if AC were working I wouldn't have been able to run it, apparently, without overtaxing the cooling system. Good thing we had lots and lots of water.

Anyways we attempted to cool po ourselves off at the pizza joint, had lunch (I highly recommend the place) and then got ice cream cones at the blue owl.

The trail was high on the bouncy fun factor, lots of modest rocks and whoop-te-dos. It was also very high on the traffic factor. Lots and lots of these new-fangled atv mule things, regular ATVs, and quite a few Jeeps, etc. I guess I should have run it in the other direction.

TC did great, mostly. About halfway thru the trail we stopped to explore and the Jeep stuttered and stalled out like it was running out of gas. Fuel pump had stopped running. I redid connections which seemed to fix it.

But it didn't. Because the same thing happened again about 10 miles from home. Last time this happened was 2014, also on the way back from Boulder. But no such problems driving to/from Ouray or to several other trail runs and many commutes since then.

Very puzzling and it is at the top of my list to diagnose.

Meanwhile we had a fun time but were glad to be back home with the AC on. :)

sent from my MotoX
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

Lumpskie

Re: Bunce School Road -or- Dang I Miss AC

Post by Lumpskie »

Looks like a good time! Thanks for sharing the photos.
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb