Attempted and failed saran wrap Colorado

Post here to share your FSJ related stories!

Topic author
Cheapthrills

Attempted and failed saran wrap Colorado

Post by Cheapthrills »

Took the 90 GW out, and attempted to do saran wrap near colorado springs. Well the previous owner of my wagon went cheap on the lift as I knew, but damn didn't realize what crap these rough country springs are... gag.... so I backed out... and went and messed around on near the eagle Rock entrance (did not attempt the trail), since I'm alone and wasn't gonna risk it... the branches that connect in the opening to eagle Rock to connect saran wrap had solid ice before the climbs ( again no attempt by my self) but it was a nice drive.

Me and my mini me walked around a bit and he pointed at every Rock and tree he saw. He enjoyed himself as much as I did. No pics sorry, the mini me wouldn't let me .... two year old uuugggghhhh .... lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: Attempted and failed saran wrap Colorado

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Any day you get out in the jeep is a good one! With the family is a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will e

Post by will e »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Any day you get out in the jeep is a good one! With the family is a bonus.

Truth! I have hit a short trail that is only 1/2 hour from home about a half a dozen times in the past couple of months. Just to get out in the Jeep, be in the sun and hang out.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

Cool. I guess I've been under a rock b/c I have no idea what/where Saran Wrap is. But you got me jonesin for some jeep time.
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

Topic author
Cheapthrills

Post by Cheapthrills »

Go up circle drive to the broadmoor hotel go left in the traffic circle (infront of the broadmoor hotel) at the hotel. Continue straight.... (I forget the street name but it changes 3 times in a short distance) hit dirt start milage back to 0 and it's 13.7 miles Trail number is 370D Eagle Rock is 370c they connect.... look at Traildamage.com

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

shimniok wrote:Cool. I guess I've been under a rock b/c I have no idea what/where Saran Wrap is. But you got me jonesin for some jeep time.
Haha! I had to look it up too! It's on the west side of Cheyenne Mt. There's some good vids of it on yootoob.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Topic author
Cheapthrills

Post by Cheapthrills »

Very easy Trail but also short.... just a little advice as to help keep our access please take more out than you bring... lots of poeple dumping out there

tedlovesjeeps71

Cheapthrills wrote:Very easy Trail but also short.... just a little advice as to help keep our access please take more out than you bring... lots of poeple dumping out there

And keep a sharp eye peeled for the drunks shooting whatever they feel like! I took my XJ to that area to break my Colorado cherry and was saddened by all the trash and my trigger finger had spasms when we'd hear a long gun echo from who knows where.

Topic author
Cheapthrills

Post by Cheapthrills »

I have friends that shoot up there, unfortunately they don't even attempt to pick up there shells there are so much in shells up there it's not funny. If you collect and reuse brass there's Allways some around

tedlovesjeeps71

Cheapthrills wrote:I have friends that shoot up there, unfortunately they don't even attempt to pick up there shells there are so much in shells up there it's not funny. If you collect and reuse brass there's Allways some around

As someone who grew up in Scouts and believe in the pack it in/pack it out mindset, the trash and post shooting garbage is inexcusable. Unfortunately, where I went, it would take an Army to try and make a dent in the refuse! Image

Topic author
Cheapthrills

Post by Cheapthrills »

I packed up a TV or what was left of one and hualed back ...

tedlovesjeeps71

Cheapthrills wrote:I packed up a TV or what was left of one and hualed back ...

Yeah... soooo much crap, furniture, etc. even propane bottles with bullet holes! Some people suck.