Anyone running Crawler bumpers, front or rear?

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
jpswapmohn

Anyone running Crawler bumpers, front or rear?

Post by jpswapmohn »

Seriously considering front and rear Crawler bumpers through BJ's. They have straight-on pictures, but I can't find profile pictures of these bumpers mounted on a rig to get a sense of how they look with the body lines.
If you have front, rear or both Crawlers on your rig, please post pictures to help me make my decision.

These, made by Stainless Brain Fab:
http://www.bjsoffroad.com/Crawler-Bumpers_c_60.html

Thanks!
One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.
88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, J20 axles, etc. http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
95YJ, STaK, D44's, SOA, ARB's, Bilstein 5150s, 35" KM2's
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

Zander_vye

Re: Anyone running Crawler bumpers, front or rear?

Post by Zander_vye »

I love the look of these but can not justify the price with the crappy exchange rate. Let alone shipping something that big and heavy across the boarder

Topic author
jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

They definitely aren't cheap, but I find good things about SBF, the folks that build them. Being out in WA, I am sure shipping to the SE USA will be costly. I am hoping to have a set made for my GW build. Got some other stuff to get done first, but right now these are on the short list short of finding something else out there that is similar in design/style and notably less expensive..

I just want to have a very solid idea of how they look on the rig, especially in profile, before pulling the trigger. Aesthetics matter, especially when you are pouring the resources into something that is intended to be your DD and substitute for that "new SUV" you've decided not to buy..
One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

I'm running one on the front. Great bumper. Heavy son of a gun! Pics:

Hope that Helps!
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Topic author
jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

THANK YOU!
How far do the ends stick out past the fenders? The NT version is a bit wider at the ends.
Do you have a picture that is directly from the side that shows the bumper and the front 1/2 of the rig (to see how the bumper goes with the lines of the jeep). The last photo gets close..

Is the back of the bumper open? Do you think there is room to mount 4" or 2.5" round driving lights outside of the shackle mounts (area where you have license plate)?

Thanks for posting, I think I ran across a few pictures of your rig while google searching. Looks great!
b
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

WT91

Post by WT91 »

For how much you will spend in shipping, you could get with a local 4x4 shop/fabricator and build a custom bumper exactly the way you want it. Light mounts, body hugging, etc. Hell you could probably buy a front AND rear bumper for the cost of the Crawler+shipping.
  • 1990 Grand Wagoneer
    440 swap, 727 MVB, NP208, D44 F/R 4.10 gears ZIP locker up front Detroit out back. So much other stuff. Check out the build.
  • 1994 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually
    7.3 PS, ZF5, 6.0 Intercooler, KC Turbo

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Here's a couple more. The ends are flush with the outer lip of the W/T flares. I imagine on a N/T rig they will be slightly narrower so they will be flush with the outer fender lip. I would say you can for sure mount 2.5" lights or 4", but the 4" would have to be pretty close to the shackle mounts. Not an issue for clearance, I just like a lot of steel on my steel bumpers. I ran lights mounted to the top of the outer parts but when I did the engine swap I never got around to re-installing them and now I can't find them, so I guess I'm in the market for some KC Daylighters...

As you can see, they are a more 'modern' look with the angled pieces rather than the flat look from the 70's Warn winch bumpers. I didn't get crawler rear style ones as they weren't out yet, but even so I think I still would have gone with the flat square style. It's easier to jack using a high-lift. Hope these are what you're looking for.

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

There is actualy a place down in Georgia or Carolina that makes FSJ bumpers too. Tactical Armoured Group, something like that...
Would be way cheaper than shipping from Washington. I'm only 1 UPS zone away so it wasn't bad for me. Across the country, well, another story.

Topic author
jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

Thank you for those photos, they really do help! In your earlier photos, it looked like they stuck out noticeably further than the fender flares. Your last 2 clearly show that they do not.

An sorry about the slow response getting back to this thread. I will have to look around a bit.
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Those are the nicest FSJ bumpers that I've seen.