New To Forum - 83 Cherokee Laredo

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
bmlittle

New To Forum - 83 Cherokee Laredo

Post by bmlittle »

Sup Everyone! New to the forum. Just bought a 1983 Jeep Cherokee Laredo with a 360. I have only seen one of these...mine although I am somewhat familiar with CJ7s and XJs. Has anyone else ever seen one? Just wondering how many were made and how much the original price of theses were. Its in pretty good shape but needs some electrical work and I am fabricating a new gas tank skid plate for it. Also put on new brake lines from BJ's Offroad.

Strode182

Re: New To Forum - 83 Cherokee Laredo

Post by Strode182 »

Looks great and clean. I had those same aluminum steps on mine when I got it.

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Looks to be in good shape! What are your plans for it? I've seen a couple 82/83 FSJs with aluminum running boards like that. Might be a dealer install? 83 was the last year for the Full Size Cherokee in the US. Not sure of the numbers (Flint might have them on his site) but I'd suspect in the 10K range at the most.
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

fedexmonster2004

Post by fedexmonster2004 »

Image here's mine great truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will e

Post by will e »

Welcome from Phoenix. I have an 82 Loredo. But I put Chief badges on it.

Ours look very similar.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
bmlittle

Post by bmlittle »

Wow those look great! Ive almost got mine ready for winter however, the Selec Trac on this thing is killing me. No idea how it works but Ill figure it out.

jbaker

Post by jbaker »

[quote="bmlittle"]Sup Everyone! New to the forum. Just bought a 1983 Jeep Cherokee Laredo with a 360. I have only seen one of these...mine although I am somewhat familiar with CJ7s and XJs. Has anyone else ever seen one? Just wondering how many were made and how much the original price of theses were. Its in pretty good shape but needs some electrical work and I am fabricating a new gas tank skid plate for it. Also put on new brake lines from BJ's Offroad.

I Have the Build/Price sheet that came with the 1983 Cherokee Laredo Project I recently Purchased. I don't know how to copy and post here ,but if you send me your email I can forward it to you.
John Baker
e mail== jbakercd8@gmail.com

Jeeply

Post by Jeeply »

That's a great looking Laredo. :-bd