Waggy experts. What is this?

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
Irishjeeper

Waggy experts. What is this?

Post by Irishjeeper »

1982031_10152258029639267_1292245864_n.jpg
Ok, with all my projects I have going on, I need another one like a hole in my head. But I found a pic on the internet of a modified rig. Now I am considering finding one to add to my collection of jeeps and cars.

Can anyone tell me what year this Waggy is? I like the body style. Has anyone seen this before, or know details about it?

I also found within 3 miles of me, and old dark green waggy with no tranny sitting in the weeds next to a grain bin here in Iowa. All original and complete. I want to see if the owner will sell and I can rescue it. It has a brown/tan interior. Not sure of the year, and am just learning about the different years of the Waggy and Cherokees. I will get some pics and post and someone can tell me about that one too.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mdcptman

Re: Waggy experts. What is this?

Post by Mdcptman »

Its an 85-86 and up grand wagoneer. It has a hood ornament and does not have wrap arpund tail lights. I forget if that happened in 85 or 86. Wood has been removed. Its lifted and and some other mods done. Nice rig.
88 Grand Wagoneer
360/727/208
Edelbrock 2131, non-EGR
Holley 600
Hydroboost
Hedman headers
Dual exhaust
MSD 6A
TFI conversion
Rusty's 2" Add-a-Leaf kit
31 x 10.5 LT15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority Tires
S-10 Steering Box Mod

Quote From Friend's Mom:
"You don't rely on that vehicle do you?"

Topic author
Irishjeeper

Post by Irishjeeper »

Thanks. Someone showed me how to do a google picture search. Found out it is in fact an 88 and has the 360 in it. That grill is from another year isn't it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ZiRiu

Post by ZiRiu »

That's the muscle grille which I think came on the J trucks. No wood really is a style in its own.
1981 Wagoneer

360, TF727, NP-219 T-Case, D44 front, AMC 20 rear.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

This Waggy is a dewooded and meticulously restored 88 GW that belonged to member Chromenator on the mothership.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/363842/19 ... -wagoneer/
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

Mdcptman wrote:Its an 85-86 and up grand wagoneer. It has a hood ornament and does not have wrap arpund tail lights. I forget if that happened in 85 or 86. Wood has been removed. Its lifted and and some other mods done. Nice rig.
Grand Wagoneers from 84-91 have the vertical, non-wrap taillights. 85 had the pig nose grille. 86 was the first year of the muscle grille and the new dash design and was the last year of AMC emblems.
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

Topic author
Irishjeeper

Post by Irishjeeper »

I really like the grille. I see in google images it looks like it came off the j trucks. It has square headlights. Wonder what the odds are of finding a chrome grille from a j truck that looks like that. Were those plastic or metal? Thanks for all your knowledge and help guys. I am on a missions and searching. I'm getting a grand waggy and a grille!! :-bd

ZiRiu

Post by ZiRiu »

Irishjeeper wrote:I really like the grille. I see in google images it looks like it came off the j trucks. It has square headlights. Wonder what the odds are of finding a chrome grille from a j truck that looks like that. Were those plastic or metal? Thanks for all your knowledge and help guys. I am on a missions and searching. I'm getting a grand waggy and a grille!! :-bd
Chrome paint on plastic IIRC. Probably the rarest grille find in good condition.
1981 Wagoneer

360, TF727, NP-219 T-Case, D44 front, AMC 20 rear.