My new 1976 Wagoneer with a 401

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
jkchubbes

My new 1976 Wagoneer with a 401

Post by jkchubbes »

Hello, new here to FSJ network. Been over on IFSJA a couple years ago but over the last 4 years I traded in the FSJ for a motorcycle. But since my daughter came along and after being rear-ended at a stop light I decided to hang the motorcycles up and come back to Wagoneers. I bought this 1976 Wagoneer with a 401 from a member in Los Angeles. The previous owner installed a Howell TBI kit among some other goodies. I drove home over the grapevine with no big issues, just running a little on the warm side. I replaced the thermostat, water pump and fan clutch but accidentally cracked the timing cover tightening on the water pump :banghead: so now i'm going to replace that with the timing cover from BJs and change the timing chain while i'm in there. After I get that all buttoned up then i'm going to tackle a new set of gauges from speedhut, I look foward to the help from here because I dont know a damn thing about gauge work.

Overall my plans are to paint the dash and pad black to match the new seats the PO had put in, replace the headliner account the current one is completely missing, speedhut gauges, retrosound radio because someone cut this one out for some sort of deck and maybe eventually clean the paint up. Don't plan on doing any crazy wheeling with it, just to take to work and the occasional camping and fishing trips.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jkchubbes on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
jkchubbes

Re: New to me 1976 Wagoneer with a 401

Post by jkchubbes »

My previous wagoneers.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gumby

Re: New to me 1976 Wagoneer with a 401

Post by Gumby »

That is a very nice return, welcome back the the madness.
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

DeepAboveSurface

Re: My new 1976 Wagoneer with a 401

Post by DeepAboveSurface »

clean looking ride