On the trail again....

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
Armair1

On the trail again....

Post by Armair1 »

It's been a while since I had the wag out on the local trails...forgot how much fun it was! Made it out to Logandale trail system near Valley of Fire state park not long ago. Once again the wag did not disappoint. As always the ride there was the most stressful...one eye constantly on the oil pressure gauge wondering "will this be the trip my motor grenades?" HaHa.
Ran into a random fellow wheeler in an old FJ40 wheeling with his family. He was kind enough to show me where a few of the tougher trails were. Got a few pics of the wag but we were running some of the toughest trails I've ever run the wag on...I was a little nervous and wasn't thinking about photos! A couple of the trails we did were Bronco Falls and Rockbottom. Here's a couple of pics...as usual you can't tell how steep some of the climbs are looking at the photo's...the pucker factor was high though!

Alot of the trails there are pretty tight for a full size rig but made it thru clean with no new dents. Only damage was the broken (AGAIN) motor mount on the driver side and the fan shroud shrapnel that goes with it. Finally got the urethane mounts to replace them...will be putting them on this weekend.

jaber
Vendor

Re: On the trail again....

Post by jaber »

Good to see it where it belongs... :-bd

Great pics, thanks for sharin.... :-bd
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

DeepAboveSurface

Re: On the trail again....

Post by DeepAboveSurface »

looks like fun

GWag89

Post by GWag89 »

Cool chop top. Those trails look awesome

Stuka
Site Admin

On the trail again....

Post by Stuka »

Broken mounts like that a lot of times mean you need deeper axle gears. That or the t-case torque arm bushing is bad.

Great photos. Would you mind sending me some full size versions for the site?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk