79 chief demo and build

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
Treyflies

79 chief demo and build

Post by Treyflies »

Hey guys, I’ve been on this forum for a while now just reading on some of the builds going on. My Jeep has been around my entire life (29 years). My father used it as our deer lease truck which was the ultimate truck for getting through the mud and red river clay. I reside in Garland, TX, so if anyone is close to me please holler at me to have a beer. My Cherokee has a lot of rust damage in the floor, as do most, so I have recently put a new floor pan in on the drivers side and temped in some flooring that I’m going to use. I’m still working out how I’m going to complete this with many many hours of thinking and drinking on it. I’m attaching some pictures from the last year of me slowly working in it to give an idea of what I’ve done. Eventually I will get there
IMG_0194.jpg
IMG_2412.jpg
IMG_3056.jpg
IMG_3066.jpg
IMG_3124.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

twisted frame

Re: 79 chief demo and build

Post by twisted frame »

It's always cool to hear of FSJs that have been in one's family their whole life being fixed up again. I didn't grow up with FSJs but I've been attached to them for years now and I enjoy hearing first hand accounts of how great these rigs were when they were more or less in their prime. I'll bet it's quite motivating to remember how the truck was so good at doing what it was asked to do. It will do it again!
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

Topic author
Treyflies

Post by Treyflies »

Thanks twisted frame for the response. A lot of work to do. Eventually I hope to have the baddest rig in north Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fsj454

Post by fsj454 »

Well you have a very good Cherokee to start with. It will have its ups and downs but Cherokee people are the baddest people.....
:fsj:454.nv4500.205.twin stick.hydo boost. hydrolic clutch.dana 60s.soa.37s 17inch.tration bar.warn 1200. 4 wheel disc.aero29 gallon .conferr roof rack.spal pulse width modulation.spal duel fans.painless battery isolator.duel batterys.factory cb. headers 2 1/2 duels.4.56 Detroit locker.alloy 35 spline axles.stainless brake lines .holley 770.edelbrock.fuel.water.intake.H4s.head light relays.racho 9000 shocks.rock ram.steering box brace.j20 steering box.msd8265 probillet distributor.msd super conductor wires.