Black '84 I had for a while

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
Charles Kline

Black '84 I had for a while

Post by Charles Kline »

I picked up this 84 Grand as a parts car, but once I started cleaning it up I realized it was much too nice to tear apart.

I sold it to a young couple who were totally excited about it, the minute I handed over the keys they put the tailgate down and took a photo to post. I dealt with a bunch of butt heads on CL (I actually got 50+ emails in the 3 days it was up) so it was really nice that it went to someone who was genuinely excited to have it.

These photos do make it look a bit better than it was, the paint was heavily baked and it had typical behind wheel rust, but floors and rockers were good.

Anyway just wanted to document it, I told him he should join the site and that the community is pretty helpful.

rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: Black '84 I had for a while

Post by rocklaurence »

Great that it went to someone that will enjoy it. In regard to CL, 9 of 10 people that swear that they'll come get it never show. The worst are the kids that beg and plead that you hold it for them until the can get there--they never show up. That's why I tell them that First Come First Served and to call me when they are coming my way. Never plan your day around CL buyers ;)

Topic author
Charles Kline

Re: Black '84 I had for a while

Post by Charles Kline »

Totally,
I was selling this, our motorhome and helping my mom sell her truck all at the same time, I was on the brink of a multiple homicide.

I had one guy who wanted to get the GW and I told him I already had 2 people scheduled to look at it after I got home from work and he said he'd give me an extra $300 to get it earlier. I said ok I can meet you on my lunch break. He came and looked at it and said 'its in rougher shape than I thought' I said 'Did you even look at the photos' punks.