68 Jeep Super Wagoneer

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
66stepside

68 Jeep Super Wagoneer

Post by 66stepside »

I first saw this Super about 3-4 (?) years ago and it was priced way out of my league.

Fast forward to present times I called the owner to see if it was still available and, much to my surprise, it was and the price had dropped substantially.

My dad lived in the area (I did not), so he checked it out for me. I haggled and negotiated based upon the things my dad noticed, and the next thing you know, here she is.

It is supposed to have the Buick 350, but now it has a SBC 350 (MSD ignition, 4 bbl carb with elec. choke), th400, Dana 20, PS, PB, rear axle has a locker/limited slip of some sort, aux. cooling fan for the condenser, locking hubs, and AC blows pretty cold, too. It has a 4" lift and aux. gas tank with elec. switch inside the cab. Oh, and the gun sight hood ornaments.

I put an average of roughly 60 miles a week on her.

My son swapped out the Winch bumper for a non-Winch version, the aftermarket rims went to the Super Basket Case Build, and stock rims went on along with spinner hubcaps.

These are some "before" shots.

Last edited by 66stepside on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: 1968 Jeep Super Wagoneer

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

That thar is sum straight up COOLNESS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:That thar is sum straight up COOLNESS!!!

Hahaha, I have unintentionally unlocked hipster achievement points with this one. Needless to say (I'll say it anyway), I'm stoked.

tedlovesjeeps71

66stepside wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:That thar is sum straight up COOLNESS!!!

Hahaha, I have unintentionally unlocked hipster achievement points with this one. Needless to say (I'll say it anyway), I'm stoked.
So when you converted back to the non-winch bumper, is it the same bumper with a different center section or ??
And there is a reason the "hipsters" are starting to take notice of cool, old stuff. Because it's COOL! And look at the crap they have. Plastic milk jugs on wheels with no soul!! Can't say I blame them.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

whoa, Whoa, WHOA! Ima drooler.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

will e

Post by will e »

That looks pretty nice!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
So when you converted back to the non-winch bumper, is it the same bumper with a different center section or ??

My son just removed the whole Winch bumper at the frame. The bumper unit looked like a factory extended bumper set up, but since he took it off intact, it might be a Warn set up, too. The Winch was an old Warn-Belleview set up, so it very well could be a warn set up with a jeep bumpers. So he just installed a factory non Winch set up at the frame.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

fulsizjeep wrote:whoa, Whoa, WHOA! Ima drooler.
Thanks! I like it- it cleaned up nice.

We spent a week buffing the paint back from being oxidized. Turns out, it's a white mother of pearl three stage paint.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

will e wrote:That looks pretty nice!

Thank you!

tedlovesjeeps71

66stepside wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:

My son just removed the whole Winch bumper at the frame. The bumper unit looked like a factory extended bumper set up, but since he took it off intact, it might be a Warn set up, too. The Winch was an old Warn-Belleview set up, so it very well could be a warn set up with a jeep bumpers. So he just installed a factory non Winch set up at the frame.
Drool worthy all on its own.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Thank you.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Dang I need a new keyboard now, that is beautiful! SO jealous!
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Nikkormat wrote:Dang I need a new keyboard now, that is beautiful! SO jealous!
Thanks!

az chip

Post by az chip »

Dang...Dang.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

az chip

Post by az chip »

66stepside wrote:I first saw this Super about 3-4 (?) years ago and it was priced way out of my league.

Fast forward to present times I called the owner to see if it was still available and, much to my surprise, it was and the price had dropped substantially.

My dad lived in the area (I did not), so he checked it out for me. I haggled and negotiated based upon the things my dad noticed, and the next thing you know, here she is.

It is supposed to have the Buick 350, but now it has a SBC 350 (MSD ignition, 4 bbl carb with elec. choke), th400, Dana 20, PS, PB, rear axle has a locker/limited slip of some sort, aux. cooling fan for the condenser, locking hubs, and AC blows pretty cold, too. It has a 4" lift and aux. gas tank with elec. switch inside the cab. Oh, and the gun sight hood ornaments.

I put an average of roughly 60 miles a week on her.

My son swapped out the Winch bumper for a non-Winch version, the aftermarket rims went to the Super Basket Case Build, and stock rims went on along with spinner hubcaps.

These are some "before" shots.

Where are the after shots?
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

The first three are the after shots.

mud89

Post by mud89 »

Awesome, congrats !
J10 81, J10 77, CJ7 80, Gladiator 64, Wagoneer 65, ZJ 5.9
parts vehicles : wagoneer 63, cherokee Golden eagle

merrill77

Post by merrill77 »

That is just beauty. Absolutely love the dash and center console on it! And that copper grid-like pattern on the side stripe -- is that the factory look?
77 Wagoneer and 97 TJ.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

mud89 wrote:Awesome, congrats !
Merci!

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

merrill77 wrote:That is just beauty. Absolutely love the dash and center console on it! And that copper grid-like pattern on the side stripe -- is that the factory look?
Yep, for 68-69 it was, I believe 67 had just the alum. trim without the added paint.