Just a picture of the jeep with a couple of JK's

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
will e

Just a picture of the jeep with a couple of JK's

Post by will e »

Went and ran box canyon in the rain. I didn't take many pictures but here is a shot a bit before the entrance. We got out to take in the awesome views.

It was a great day. Water was flowing through box canyon and the washes and creeks were all flowing too. Woodpecker wash was flowing water big time.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

motcat

Re: Just a picture of the jeep with a couple of JK's

Post by motcat »

Looks like Mother Duck with her babies following.
- John (aka JR)
78 Chief Dad bought new in Kenosha WI, 401, RV cam, Part time kit, Edelbrock+Holly 600, DUI, 3" Rancho, Skyjackers, Crossflow rad, Rust, rust, rust
78 J10 Bob's (Becca's) old J-Truck, Tired 360, Tired TH400, Tired QT, Just really tired, but keeps on runnin

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Since you said woodpecker, the sap sucking SOB in my neighborhood is back for the summer already. Little prick has the hots for the street lamp in front of my house and likes to do his thing at sun rise.

Great pic! Your sure have one great looking Cherokee!
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Thanks REDONE! Made it out again yesterday with a few more wranglers. I think the orange one is a 'TJ'. Had a blast. Here are some pictures one of the guys took:

One guy's wife made street taco's! Super yummy. I think she is trying to one up me on the food. ;) Maybe at Ouray Pot luck I will do street Tacos as the appetizer.

Great day to be out, lots of clouds and temps were upper 70's lower 80's. The desert is really greening up.

82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

Look like a good time

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Street tacos is the best idea I've heard all day! (Granted, it's barely 8am, but you know what I mean)!

Do you catch much flack for rolling big old iron? Obviously it's been a while since I've been out, what with the baby and all, but before I left WA I'd wheel with tiny jeepers from my Army unit and they acted like money badger was either disposable or invincible.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Yeah, orange one is a TJ. Street tacos on the trail sounds awesome!

Back when I wheeled the J10 regularly, most Wrangler guys just thought it was super cool. I never got any flack for it.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

The street taco's were awesome. She marinaded some onions in lime juice and they also had a special cheese, looked like parmesan but wasn't. So yummy.

The Jeep folks don't seem to mind wheeling with me. The big red Cherokee can keep up with the stock Wrangers and the modified ones as well. They actually like to see the old iron out on the trail. And they are envious at how much stuff I can carry. ;)
It was somtimes kind of funner in the Waggy. It was just 4" lift with 31" tires so it looked 'stock' to those guys. The front and rear lockers combined with the sliders made it a lot more capable than it looked. The body was banged up ( but not extreme) so I was almost fearless. Two funny times I remember crossing the paths of other jeepers. After climbing a difficult hill one guy said "I love that wagoneer, it is so unassuming". Another time out by Martinez cabin a group showed up and one guy got out and said "Who got that wagoneer back here? I want to shake that guys hand". LOL

It's going to start to warm up out here soon. But I am pretty happy with my attempts at getting out. Only one trip so far this year was challenging but I just like getting out and being outside and, well, jeeping. So I am going to try to get a few more runs in before Ouray.