New To Forum, New '80 J10!

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
Metal_Slug002

New To Forum, New '80 J10!

Post by Metal_Slug002 »

I fell in love with the J10 many years ago, and never had the chance to get one until a few weeks ago. I am a propane delivery driver, and one of my customers had this in his yard. He blew a hole in the side of the motor, and ruined the transmission. The guy is in his 80's, so I offered to fill his tank free of charge for the truck. He agreed, so I finally have my J truck!

I was torn between trying to find a J Truck, or a late 80s, early 90's Toyota. I need a pickup badly, and the Jeep just fell into my lap. I have a rebuilt stock 350 Chevy for it, going to go with a mild cam, Edelbrock intake and carb, Vortec heads, roller rockers, and I am still deciding whether or not to keep the T-18 or buy my neighbors 700R4. When I was growing up, we had(have) a 73 Wagoneer, and that jeep taught me to hate automatics. It wasn't until I got to play with a 200R4 that I stopped hating them, but either will be fine.

I plan on sitting her on 33's, adding a tow hitch, and painting the whole truck in a metallic Root Beer, maybe some pinstripes. If I can find bucket seats that are nice, I might consider it, but I like the bench, honestly. I want to Dynamat and soundproof it a little, new carpet, and button-style headliner like what you see in Peterbilt trucks. I've been a Class A CDL driver for 17 years, and I like the look and feel it gives to a truck.

I can't wait to get my "Metal Slug" up and running!

Cheapthrills

Re: New To Forum, New '80 J10!

Post by Cheapthrills »

Congrats... very good lookin ride for a feild find... my personal opinion is go with the 700r4 ... they are very reliable from factory ... and when your wheeling I'd you decide to do so it helps keep your attention on the trail and your line. That's just my opinion tho.

It will be a sweet ride no mater what you decide, welcome to the network

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

will e

Post by will e »

Nice looking truck! Welcome to the board.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

ToolShed

Post by ToolShed »

Welcome and sweet ride! Be sure to post about your engine swap please!
Jim

78 Cherokee Chief W/T 360 4V TH400 D20

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Nice score! It's crazy cool what you can find out in the countryside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk