Finally getting the project underway.....

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
vortecyj

Finally getting the project underway.....

Post by vortecyj »

wagoneer back.jpg
rear quarter waggy.jpg
passenger side waggy.jpg
passenger side view waggy.jpg
front of wagoneer.jpg
I bought this wagoneer nearly 3 years ago, I drove it the way I bought it for this entire time even though I was pretty sure it needed more power. Well back in November I finally took the engine out and dropped it off at the machine shop to begin the process of making some serious hp out of it. After speaking with Matt at Bulltear I had my plan and put it into action.

We went with a bore size of +.045 and a crank -.010 a pro comp cam ( suggested by pro comp for my application ) hardened rods forged pistons. I also had the shop go through the heads and clean them up. I believe we should be in the 350hp range perhaps a little more at the flywheel. This of course was based off of a Desktop dyno with a bore of +.030. I also added a MSD ignition system, eddelbrok performer intake and carb and a 3inch exhaust system. I may be forgetting some parts/pieces but you get the idea.

I was able to pick up the engine yesterday and of course with Christmas here I have no time to assemble it. I will start in a couple days and will post pics of everything. In the meantime here is how my waggoneer looks at the moment and really I dont intend on changing much. I think a smallish lift and a white stripe below the doors and fresh black everywhere else is about all. This will be used as my driver and then to also tow my wrangler to jeep events.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

will e

Re: Finally getting the project underway.....

Post by will e »

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a great project and a rather Handsome waggy you have there too!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

That looks clean and straight- welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheapthrills

Post by Cheapthrills »

That Wagon look pretty clean can't wait to see the end result

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Topic author
vortecyj

Post by vortecyj »

This thing is the cleanest one I have seen. There is a little quarter sized spot of surface rust near the gas tank filler hose on the underside. And it is straight as they come. I cant wait to get the engine in and start driving it again.

Up in Northern MI you dont see vehicles often that are rust free and you never see wagoneers; the looks I get are priceless the older folks saying wow thats beautiful or I havent seen one of those in years and the younger ones going what the hell is that.

Topic author
vortecyj

Post by vortecyj »

I forgot I had this picture. Its the brightest one and shows how straight this thing is.

[img]http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/downloa ... id=5048img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cheapthrills

Post by Cheapthrills »

That is a rare beast for up there especially in that condition...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk