New to Jeep - 91 GW in Dubai

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
decoyte

New to Jeep - 91 GW in Dubai

Post by decoyte »

JGWinDubai.jpg
JGWinDubai.jpg
Hi everyone, new to the forum and new to Jeep and an interesting Jeep to start with. I bought my GW in Arizona from a dealer, probably paid way too much for it but it seems to be pretty solid and well looked after. No signs of rust (I hope at least) and not much chance of getting rust here in Dubai as there 'aint much rain.
Current daily drivers are a Ford Focus ST and an Escape both of which are pretty far removed from the GW. It has your basic 4 wheel drive, no diff lock or anything so I am a little nervous to go out on the sands but I guess I will in-time.
As far as I now there are only two other GW's here, one which is a part of a huge private collection and one other which was imported to Dubai from Japan and is currently owned by a French guy here.
Emirate's are car mad, especially 4x4's, Jeeps, Custom Jeeps, G-Wagons, Range Rovers, Toyota FJ's, Landcruisers etc are the most common vehicles on the road We get A LOT of looks and thumbs up when we are out and about in the car and people often come up to me to talk about it or ask for permission to photograph it. It's a cool car to have in this very hot climate.
Rick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

66stepside

Re: New to Jeep - 91 GW in Dubai

Post by 66stepside »

That's a clean looking Grad Waggie! Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Welcome to the forum! Love seeing FSJs that are over seas.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

HeavyMetalThunder_81

Post by HeavyMetalThunder_81 »

Dang! I was literally just in Dubai a couple weeks ago. Didn't see any GW's but I sure was looking. Welcome to the forum!
-Jonny B.
1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
7" lift, 35x12.5x15
AMC 401 - Pro-FLo 4 FI
NV4500/NWFBB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
1979 Wagoneer - Sold
1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

will e

Post by will e »

Welcome from sunny Arizona. That is a nice looking waggy. How well does the A/C work?
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
decoyte

Post by decoyte »

Ha, air, yes, I had been warned that GWs often had A/C problems so it was one of the first things I checked and it blows nice and cold - on my knees!
Amazing how different the ergonomics on the GW compare to a new car with a/c that can be directed pretty well and power window switches thay come to hand easily. So far I love it, people driving Lambo's and Ferrari's slow down and look, even my next door neighbor, who drives and Audi S8, A new Rolls Wraith and a Nissan Patrol drools over it.

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

decoyte wrote:Ha, air, yes, I had been warned that GWs often had A/C problems so it was one of the first things I checked and it blows nice and cold - on my knees!
Amazing how different the ergonomics on the GW compare to a new car with a/c that can be directed pretty well and power window switches thay come to hand easily. So far I love it, people driving Lambo's and Ferrari's slow down and look, even my next door neighbor, who drives and Audi S8, A new Rolls Wraith and a Nissan Patrol drools over it.
That's funny! Welcome to the boards.
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb