New, but not new to Jeeps!

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
pbucc

Post by pbucc »

Well here goes nothin!!

How's it goin everybody. My name is Paolo and I live in Florence, AZ. Been a Jeep fan for a while now. Can't get enough of them(you'll see why). When I was in high school my parents bought me a 05 Jeep Liberty 4X4 Limited, it was a great starter Jeep. Never did anything crazy to it, just a 2" lift, bigger tires, lights on the roof, and a sound system. Loved it to death! Had that for about 4 1/2 years and decided to part with it. Pictures of the Liberty (can't find any pictures of it when it was stock)

A couple years after I sold the liberty, I decided to get back into Jeeps again! In August 2010 I bought my first Wrangler. It was a 2001 TJ Sport. Only had a 2" spacer lift and 15X10 rims. Of course that didn't sit well with me, so I had to mess with it!

Back when I bought it Aug 2010

Before

After

Then I had the opportunity to upgrade to a Lj. So why not, sold the TJ and bought the LJ! The TJ was purchased from a guy in New York, so he had a truck pick it up.

Bye bye TJ

I also bought the LJ from out of state, Oklahoma. And had it shipped down as well. It already had a 6" Rough Country lift, 35" Pitbull Rockers, SYE, a old currie winch bumper, a old warn winch, and a bumper/tire carrier.

Image Image

And of course it wast gonna stop there. I put 4.56 gears, lockers, diff covers, new bumper, new winch, the list goes on.

Then........ I decided to get a Jku. So I sold the LJ and bought a 08 Jku Rubicon.

Before

After

I loved the JKU like crazy! Couldn't of been happier! But unfortunately I had to let it go, it wasn't what I wanted to do, but I had to... My job wasn't working out too good, ended up doing what I had to do and sell it. Paid my wife's car off, bills, etc. Ended up only having the mortgage to pay which is sweet. But a couple months later things turned around at my work and starting making money again! If I could've just held on to that JKU for a couple more months.... Damn! So I came across a older guy that had a 04 Lj that he wanted to trade me for my truck. Only had 44,000 miles on it and it was bone stock. Long story short. Traded the guy, fixed it up, a buddy of mine gave me a offer I couldn't refuse, sold it.

Before

After

Then I picked up a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4 with a 5.2 V8. Has a 176,000 miles on it. I paid $3,000 for it. The guy had just put a 4inch Rough Country Lift, 33X12.50 Tires, and Cragar wheels.

Then we decided to move across country from Arizona to Pennsylvania so I had to sell the ZJ. When we moved we were in PA for about a year and then moved back to AZ. Went a whole year without a Jeep! That was tough! So the first month we moved back I bought a LJ.

Didn't have that for not even a month before I decided to sell it and buy another JKU.

Another Jeep I loved. Had it for about a year before I had to sell it because I couldn't afford to keep it. Sometimes life gets tough.... But you just keep moving forward!

I went another six months without until I fell in love with this beauty! My 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer!

ImageImage

Has 175k on it! Motor had a knock but I got the motor rebuilt. It's missing the headliner but I picked one up. Just need to get it upholstered, driver seat has a tear which is a bummer. Needs some work but I got to say, I'm very happy to have such an awesome Jeep! Also, when I picked this up, about a month later my wife and I found out that we were having our first kid! Which was the best news to me because we were trying for so long and on top of that, I just got a awesome family vehicle! Anywho, I'd thought I share a meme I made that I sent out to all my friends and family when we found out the news!

Haha, I thought it was funny, because it's true! Lol not completely true but it is going to slow down my build a bit. But things will get done! Well I'm sorry that I talked your heads off and I hope you enjoy this novel I wrote! As the Jeep progresses I will post updates! Glad to be part of this community and I hope you all have a good night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by pbucc on Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tatsadasayago

Re: New, but not new to Jeeps!

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Thanks for sharing.
I did notice a pattern of evolution going on with your jeep purchases.
Now that you have an FSJ you have evolved into a higher life form...like the Apex Predator of the jeep world! :P

Cool pix, cool jeeps and congrats on your kidlet!
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Topic author
pbucc

Post by pbucc »

Tatsadasayago wrote:Thanks for sharing.
I did notice a pattern of evolution going on with your jeep purchases.
Now that you have an FSJ you have evolved into a higher life form...like the Apex Predator of the jeep world! :P

Cool pix, cool jeeps and congrats on your kidlet!

Haha thanks! Happy to be a part of this community!

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Welcome to the party- can't wait to see the progress on the Grand Waggie!

Topic author
pbucc

Post by pbucc »

Thanks! Picked up a headliner, getting it redone and installed tomorrow!
66stepside wrote:Welcome to the party- can't wait to see the progress on the Grand Waggie!

Topic author
pbucc

Post by pbucc »

Got the headliner done this morning!

ImageImageImage

Last edited by pbucc on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hutcho

Post by hutcho »

Love the back story. And the jeep!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

motcat

Post by motcat »

You put new tires and rims on that didn't you?

Hope to see that waggy at Thanksgiving in the Desert.
- John (aka JR)
78 Chief Dad bought new in Kenosha WI, 401, RV cam, Part time kit, Edelbrock+Holly 600, DUI, 3" Rancho, Skyjackers, Crossflow rad, Rust, rust, rust
78 J10 Bob's (Becca's) old J-Truck, Tired 360, Tired TH400, Tired QT, Just really tired, but keeps on runnin

Topic author
pbucc

Post by pbucc »

Yes sir I sure did! Forgot to post pictures up! Lol how'd you know, Facebook?

Picked these up a couple weeks ago! 17X9 American Racing bajas on 265/70 Hancook Dynapro

ImageImageImageImage

will e

Post by will e »

Welcome from Mesa! Thanks for sharing your story. That's a great looking waggy you picked up. You will find it does pretty well on most of the trails out here. It doesn't have the flex of a LJ, or the low range of a rubicon and the rear overhang is much longer than any of your previous platforms. But for a family rig and family trail rig I think they are perfect!

There's a pretty big group of us here in AZ. A good portion down in Tucson the rest in Phoenix with a few up North. In which city do you reside?

Keep an eye open for a 'Thanksgiving in the Desert' thread. We have an annual meet up the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Out near Florence off of Cocran road. Same spot every year. It's a big Thanksgiving pot luck . It's a great way to meet a bunch of the folks from AZ (and elsewhere). Some people come out for the day and the pot luck, others stay the night. It's always a good time and 'family friendly'.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
pbucc

Post by pbucc »

hutcho wrote:Love the back story. And the jeep!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Thanks! I have nothing but good memories with Jeeps, so I want to keep me going!
will e wrote:Welcome from Mesa! Thanks for sharing your story. That's a great looking waggy you picked up. You will find it does pretty well on most of the trails out here. It doesn't have the flex of a LJ, or the low range of a rubicon and the rear overhang is much longer than any of your previous platforms. But for a family rig and family trail rig I think they are perfect!

There's a pretty big group of us here in AZ. A good portion down in Tucson the rest in Phoenix with a few up North. In which city do you reside?

Keep an eye open for a 'Thanksgiving in the Desert' thread. We have an annual meet up the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Out near Florence off of Cocran road. Same spot every year. It's a big Thanksgiving pot luck . It's a great way to meet a bunch of the folks from AZ (and elsewhere). Some people come out for the day and the pot luck, others stay the night. It's always a good time and 'family friendly'.
Thanks! That's sounds pretty fun! I live in Florence so that's not much of a drive for me! Thanks for letting me know and look forward to meeting you all!

motcat

Post by motcat »

Yes sir I sure did! Forgot to post pictures up! Lol how'd you know, Facebook?
Yup.
I live in Florence so that's not much of a drive for me!
Well, you need to at least drive over to Chandler and caravan back to Florence so it seems like you're taking a trip!
- John (aka JR)
78 Chief Dad bought new in Kenosha WI, 401, RV cam, Part time kit, Edelbrock+Holly 600, DUI, 3" Rancho, Skyjackers, Crossflow rad, Rust, rust, rust
78 J10 Bob's (Becca's) old J-Truck, Tired 360, Tired TH400, Tired QT, Just really tired, but keeps on runnin

Topic author
pbucc

Post by pbucc »

Did a couple things to the Wagoneer. Put the carpet back on the tailgate, put in the cargo light and switch, then was bored and plastidipped the Kaiser set up I bought! Hoping to install those soon!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Do you know how many inches of lift are on the Wag?

Those wheels look great, whats the backspacing on them? I'm trying for the same look width wise.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Topic author
pbucc

Post by pbucc »

Nikkormat wrote:Do you know how many inches of lift are on the Wag?

Those wheels look great, whats the backspacing on them? I'm trying for the same look width wise.
I believe it has a 3 or 4 in lift on it. The lift was on there already when I bought it so I'm not too sure. Thanks, the wheels do look great on it! I didn't use any spacers and I have no rubbing issues at all!