Gator....

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
jjbuettner

Gator....

Post by jjbuettner »

So my build thread is a slow one, but it will be finished. This truck has been in my family for about 30 plus years. It has bounced around between my dad and mom after the divorce and then my moms father, he kicked the bucket, and I picked it up for free.99 as no one wanted it. They were all fighting over Grand and Regular Wagoneer's. They were in much worse condition and rusted to hell. Where as the J10, started and ran with new gas and battery after I'm guessing at least 10 years of sitting. So I Drove it from Colorado to sunny 29 Palms Ca. so far I have replaced the Trans output shaft seal, resealed the tcase. new wheels and slightly used 31s Toyo AT2 load E. believe it or not the 31s fit without a lift don't rub at all. I also have performed a necessary tune up with plugs, wires, rotator and rotator cap assembly. The coming Memorial Day Weekend I will put new Jeep Valve Covers on with gaskets, oil pan gasket, new oil. front and rear axle pinion shaft seal, and diff cover seal with fluid, new trans filter with max atf+4, transfer case output shaft seal, wheel studs and new lug nuts too. Big weekend, but I plan to wheel it that weekend after everything is done. The body of the J10 is actually in good shape with few rust spots on the bed and one quarter panel rusted on the passenger front. The frame and drive train have virtually no rust and everything works including the 4x4 case and manual locking hubs. Pics in a minute.
Betty-2004.5 LLY Duramax CCSB tough as nails.....
Gator-1980FSJ J10 360,727,d44&amc20 Tougher Than Betty......

Topic author
jjbuettner

Re: Gator....

Post by jjbuettner »

PasP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

That's an appropriately named J-10. Sorry about your grandpa and family fighting, but glad you got a good truck and that it went to someone that appreciates it!
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Topic author
jjbuettner

Post by jjbuettner »

More pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
jjbuettner

Post by jjbuettner »

thanks, the family thing happened years ago. but im glad to have this jeep. aside from the body its in great condition!

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

Cool J10. Looks like it even has its tailgate!
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

Topic author
jjbuettner

Post by jjbuettner »

well im stuck with the jeep, and after new wheels and tires and wheel studs i found out that the factory wheel studs arent long enough for mickey thompson wheels. so i got new wheel studs that are longer fronts are from a dodge coupe from the 70s and the rears are from a 60s vette. i figure that adds like 20 hp right. post pics soon. then im going to redo the front wheel hub assemblies. i just wasnt satisfied with what i did before, also the seal on the inside of the hub on passenger side is busted and i want to get real good at doing these. ill be doing work in a storage unit. where i will also be installing headers and 4barrel intake and carb. holley 750 cfm truck avenger.

Topic author
jjbuettner

Post by jjbuettner »

Well this is the end of the 360 727 208 transfer case. the engine headgaskets are toast, the trans doesnt shift anymore and well the 208 leaks like a sive, dont know if thats spelled correctly. the current plans for my gator are to let it sit, and create an account for jeep funding. im going to do an LS Swap its more efficient and ya know has overdrive. looking for some advice and threads. but for now the jeep is dead in the water.