The Jeeps

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

steve578

Re: The Jeeps

Post by steve578 »

greatplns wrote:I am in North Central Kansas, and the vehicles are all licensed, but I just don't drive them on public roads, so never got around to changing the plates.
Awesome collection of Jeeps! Are you anywhere near Concordia?

Topic author
greatplns

Post by greatplns »

Yeah, I'm by Abilene. About an hour from Concordia.

Topic author
greatplns

Post by greatplns »

derf wrote:Crazy random thought.

I will soon be coming into possession of a 69 Wagoneer that I will be resto-modding. It has the dauntless V8. It most likely will need a rebuild but it's complete.

If you're interested in it, I would happily swap for the 455. Naturally, I'd throw in cash to make it worth it for you. I can transport the Dauntless to you and pick up the 455 at the same time. SD is not a terribly far drive from here. Besides, I have family up that way that I can visit while I'm there.

If you are interested, let's chat.

Either way, I'd love to see some detailed photos of the engine bay to see how well the 455 fits.
Hi Derf,

Yeah, I'll be interested in getting rid of the 455. I already have another Dauntless to put in it, but I'm always interested in another. The one I'm going to use came out of a Super, so it's only right it goes back into a Super. But I could always use another use another Dauntless. PM me what you have in mind. The Jeeps are in Kansas, not South Dakota. I travel a lot, where are you?

steve578

Post by steve578 »

greatplns wrote:Yeah, I'm by Abilene. About an hour from Concordia.
I have quite a bit of family in the area, but I don't get up there as much as I used to though. Sorry, I don't want to junk up your thread too much.

Topic author
greatplns

Post by greatplns »

Not my thread. No problems, always good to hear from people with things in common. Take care.

Red Mistress

Post by Red Mistress »

Super nice Supers !
67 J3000 Gladiator
82 Cherokee Laredo
87 J20
69 Jeepster convertible
82 CJ-8
83 CJ-8
84 CJ-7
84 CJ-8
06 LJ Rubicon

Topic author
greatplns

Post by greatplns »

swampedge wrote:What is the switch on the side of the drivers seat for? Nice group of Jeeps. I think the 66 should be left alone and just detailed really good.
Jim
I'm currently working out in Illinois for the rest of the week. I'll check out that switch on the seat and let you know what it's for. So far I'm leaning towards leaving it alone.

swampedge

Post by swampedge »

Did you ever find out what that switch on the seat was for? Check your PM box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You really are judged by the dogs you have!

HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

Beautiful rides :)
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

Topic author
greatplns

Post by greatplns »

Looked at the switch on the side of the drivers seat last night. It goes no where. The two wires coming off of it are cut 2" from the switch so I can't trace them. It's an on/off switch, not a momentary, but I have no clue what it used to go to.

DustinLangston

Post by DustinLangston »

So funny how your taste in FSJ's change over the years. At first I was all about the woodies. Then I fell in love with the more basic ones (no power options, they're a pain in the a**), then to the Cherokees, then now to the classics. I love both of these Supers.
1982 Wagoneer Limited 5.3L Vortec 4L60E swap - finished/restored - sold - bought back - sold again
1979 Wagoneer 360 TH400 1339 QT - built into perfect daily driver - sold
1981 J10 Sportside Honcho - finished/restored - sold
1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - 5.3L Vortec 6L80E swap - finished/restored - sold
1967 Super Wagoneer - sold, too much work
1978 J10 Golden Eagle - finished/restored - sold
1962 Rambler Classic Cross Country Wagon - current project, wife's daily driver - she'll never let me sell it

Topic author
greatplns

Post by greatplns »

Yeah it is ironic how I migrate back to vehicles that were influential in my youth, or in my case, memories of the grandparents. Towing that little boat to the lakes in Minnesota behind an old wagoneer brings back some good memories.

I have gone to a more modern TJ for off roading, but will always have some FSJs around.

swampedge

Post by swampedge »

Nothing like reminiscing. Youth is forever that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You really are judged by the dogs you have!