The Jeeps

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
greatplns

The Jeeps

Post by greatplns »

I'll put on one a day or so.

1969 Super Wagoneer Ser. # 1414D3000175
Bought this one from Dave in California, and I know he's on here sometimes. Dave, if you see this, thanks for selling me this Jeep, it's been great.
I haven't done anything to this one yet, but eventually it will go back to original and as close to new as I can get it. Right now it is lifted, has a later model Wagoneer seats, center console is original Super Wagoneer. It also has a 1970 Buick Stage 1 455 engine. Plenty of power, but will go back to the Dauntless V8. Very Very minimal rust, some starting to show up in a door or two, but nothing to speak of. Here's some pictures.

will e

Re: The Jeeps

Post by will e »

Most of the pics don't work for me but I do like what I can see!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

They are working for me.

That super is amazing! Love the gunsite emblems on the hood!
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
greatplns

Post by greatplns »

Last one for the night.

1986 Grand Wagoneer.

Not much to say about this one. 100% stock/original. Exceptionally clean. Everything runs and works like it's supposed to. I drive this one occasionally and really like it. Absolutely no rust anywhere.

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

If I had a grand wag with absolutely no rust I probably wouldn't drive it. I'm glad that one belongs to someone who does drive it because that's what it was made for! Thanks for sharing Garey! :-bd
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Topic author
greatplns

Post by greatplns »

OK, I admit it, I'm bored tonight, so here's one more. Promise it's the last one tonight.

1983 Cherokee Laredo. 258 6 Cylinder, 5 speed manual. All options except cruise control. Has working factory CB. Everything works as it should. Very good condition, not perfect, but very very good. No rust. This one is also completely original. Hope you like the pictures.

HeavyMetalThunder_81

Post by HeavyMetalThunder_81 »

Very nice! Where do you find these super clean FSJ's? I can't tell where you're from as they all have different license plates.
Last edited by HeavyMetalThunder_81 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jonny B.
1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
7" lift, 35x12.5x15
AMC 401 - Pro-FLo 4 FI
NV4500/NWFBB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
1979 Wagoneer - Sold
1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

CosmicRhino

Post by CosmicRhino »

That super wagoneer is incredible! I hadn't seen the "gunsite emblems" on the hood before. Beautiful interior too.

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

Thanks for sharing those. Awesome looking Jeeps. The Cherokee's stock wheels look just right with what you might call the "older" Wrangler script outline white letter tires.
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Nice collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
greatplns

Post by greatplns »

The Jeeps come from all over, primarily the West. Washington seems to have clean ones as does Southern California, and Arizona, and New Mexico primarily. With my work I get to see a lot of barns and backyards that not a lot of others get to see, so I just keep my eyes open. I've run across many that were very nice and obviously not used, but weren't for sale. Still have those on my list, and I keep trying. It's just something I enjoy, finding them in the first place, then keeping them viable. I am in North Central Kansas, and the vehicles are all licensed, but I just don't drive them on public roads, so never got around to changing the plates. The ones with South Dakota plates are the ones that I drive, as I have a place there, and SD is ALOT more friendly to someone with multiple vehicles.

DustinLangston

Post by DustinLangston »

If you ever want to get rid of the black Cherokee I will 100% but it from you.
1982 Wagoneer Limited 5.3L Vortec 4L60E swap - finished/restored - sold - bought back - sold again
1979 Wagoneer 360 TH400 1339 QT - built into perfect daily driver - sold
1981 J10 Sportside Honcho - finished/restored - sold
1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - 5.3L Vortec 6L80E swap - finished/restored - sold
1967 Super Wagoneer - sold, too much work
1978 J10 Golden Eagle - finished/restored - sold
1962 Rambler Classic Cross Country Wagon - current project, wife's daily driver - she'll never let me sell it

mud89

Post by mud89 »

Great one of the last Supers , do you have its paint code ?
J10 81, J10 77, CJ7 80, Gladiator 64, Wagoneer 65, ZJ 5.9
parts vehicles : wagoneer 63, cherokee Golden eagle

Topic author
greatplns

Post by greatplns »

mud89 wrote:Great one of the last Supers , do you have its paint code ?
Paint code is 419. I believe the correlates to Prairie Gold. At least that's what I've been calling it.

Topic author
greatplns

Post by greatplns »

Sorry for the older pictures of this one. Weather was moving in, so they got put back in the shop before anything bad happened.

This is what I think is the special one of the group. 1966 Super Wagoneer ser. # 1414D100037. Originally owned by Edgar Kaiser while he was chairman of Kaiser Jeep. He owned it until his death, then his son Edgar Jr. owned it. I thought it left the family when Edgar Jr. passed away, but after some research, the woman who owned it next, Gretchen Gudgell, was Gretchen Kaiser. Gretchen was Edgar Sr's daughter.

I have the original bill of sale, the original registration certificate, license plate renewals, all maintenance records, hand written details about a little fender bender (just damaged a tail light). All this info came in a manilla folder in the back seat when I bought it. I had no idea who it belonged to until after I bought it. I thought the little carousel on the door was kinda goofy, then I found out the Kaiser kids had a band called the Carousels and this was the touring rig. The only other Kaiser vehicle that I know of with this carousel on it was a yellow Henry J that had the exact same carousel on it.

That's why it's still sitting here unrestored. It's really in great shape. No rust of any kind. 51k original, very well documented miles. Runs fantastic, everything works. I can't decide if I want this one restored or just preserve it as best I can for as long as I can. What say any of you?

This one was first registered in the state of Washington more than a week before they were officially for sale. The sticker price was just north of $6,000.00, but Edgar paid $4,400.00 cash. It has many one of a kind features, even for a Super Wagoneer. It has extra chrome accent pieces, it has a center column armrest, as far as I know it's the only Super that never had a vinyl top. The rain rails go all the way back on this one. It has a power rear window, but also a manual crank rear window. Has a rear wind deflector on the roof. Paint code is 999. Trim code is 999. This is the original color.

I'll just post a few, since these aren't the best pictures, then when I have a minute I'll get it back out and take some better ones. Thanks for looking.

Interior still in great shape too.

Came with original hubcaps too.

Just of the the registration tabs I pulled out. 1978.

mud89

Post by mud89 »

Thanks for sharing. Not a fan of this two-tone paint scheme and of added outside mirrors, but this wagoneer has certainly some historical value. According to the production records it was built in december 1965, december was also the month for the first deliveries to dealers.
Last edited by mud89 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

mud89

Post by mud89 »

mud89 wrote:Great one of the last Supers , do you have its paint code ?
More info : the highest serial number i know is 300 185 from a may 69 Jeep technical bulletin, so yours is really one of the very last ones

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Oh my gosh, that is so cool! I totally understand your dilemma, it's so close to being perfect, but any restoration washes off the history. Beautiful rig either way! :-bd
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

swampedge

Post by swampedge »

What is the switch on the side of the drivers seat for? Nice group of Jeeps. I think the 66 should be left alone and just detailed really good.
Jim
You really are judged by the dogs you have!

derf

Post by derf »

Crazy random thought.

I will soon be coming into possession of a 69 Wagoneer that I will be resto-modding. It has the dauntless V8. It most likely will need a rebuild but it's complete.

If you're interested in it, I would happily swap for the 455. Naturally, I'd throw in cash to make it worth it for you. I can transport the Dauntless to you and pick up the 455 at the same time. SD is not a terribly far drive from here. Besides, I have family up that way that I can visit while I'm there.

If you are interested, let's chat.

Either way, I'd love to see some detailed photos of the engine bay to see how well the 455 fits.
W0JPR

Check out my gear ratio calculator

If you can't fix it with a hammer or duct tape you have an electrical problem.