New to forum and FSJ

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!
yuza

New to forum and FSJ

Postby yuza » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:23 am

Hi all and greetings from Italy!
Tomorrow I will become owner of this beauty, my first Jeep
1979 Chief 4.2L manual, two seater
Engine runs fine, clutch plate needs replacement as well as tires, rust spots here and there but not dramatic, seats are worn badly...
I am planning to fix what needs to be fixed to make it driveable, and maybe lift it (depending on what tire sizes are in the papers, you can't be too creative on this side of the ocean unfortunately...)
I will dig in the forum and look for hints and tech info, and surely ask a lot of newbie questions!

yuza

Re: New to forum and FSJ

Postby yuza » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:43 pm

Apologies for the multiple post, I had network issues and error window popping up again and again
Can anybody cancel the copies please?

yuza

Postby yuza » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:44 pm

Apologies for the multiple post, I had network issues and error window popping up again and again
Can anybody cancel the copies please?

derf

Postby derf » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:57 pm

The forum does that with posts from time to time. If you get an error or it seems to hang forever, open a new window and load the forum. Chances are it posted just fine. If you see your post you can cancel or ignore the error. Someone will be along to clean up the extra posts.

Oh, and welcome to the madness.

will e

Postby will e » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:22 pm

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about the double posts, it happens here.

That is a good looking FSJ and many will be jealous that you have a manual transmission. It's been repainted and may not actually have been born a 'Chief'. Mine was a Laredo model but I liked the Chief badging so much I converted it. It doesn't really make a difference, they were just trim options. I would love to see some more pictures once you pick it up!
81 Wagoneer - 'WILL E' Retired

82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

yuza

Postby yuza » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:48 pm

I am posting from Tapatalk app, maybe this is the reason for double posts

I took some pics after hand shake with current owner, maybe from interiors you can spot whether it is a Chief or not?

will e

Postby will e » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:41 pm

It's not Taptalk. It's the forum. Normally the Chiefs had a small emblem on the glove box and another on the grill. Don't worry too much if it is a 'real' Chief or not.

I love those shifters. That's going to be a lot of fun to drive around. And I imagine it will get a bit of attention in Italy too.

Are there some places you can take it off road??
81 Wagoneer - 'WILL E' Retired

82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

yuza

Postby yuza » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:49 pm

Shouldn’t the Chief have wider axles vs the standard Cherokees?

Not many places in Italy for offroading it is forbidden almost everywhere...

But the few ones are just amazing

See “Strada della Assietta” on google, it is a mountain former mitary road, on eastern Alps. I have been there last summer on 2 wheels

yuza

Postby yuza » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:09 am

Right the beauty reached the workshop

I ordered and received (in two days!!) a clutch kit from Rockauto and also got a set of good 31” cooper discovery tyres

I am now looking for front seats. I found a full set front and back in Italy (miracle) but expensive, and I do not really need back seats since the chief was homologated in Italy as two seater

Buying them in US would not be viable due to postage cost

It will be a long journey to make it look as coll as it should...!

rocklaurence
Vendor

Postby rocklaurence » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:08 am

Yes, Europe dosent like modified vehicles on the roads. Unfortunately, that really limits the After-Market business there. Big Heavy 4x4s are definately cool in Europe. Almost as cool as a Unimoog

Dane

Postby Dane » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Looking real good shape! Nice find!
77 j10 short bed
72 j2000 sold
80 Cherokee Laredo sold
56 Chevy nomad
57 Chevy handyman wagon for sale
73 mci bus conversion
http://pointcomfortcottages.com/

Return to “FSJ Show and Tell”