Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:07 pm

Grand_Wag_85 wrote:Snorkel

Bigger jeeps need Twin snorkel.
Haha

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

MidTNJasonF

Re: Market study for fsj specific off-road gear

Postby MidTNJasonF » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:23 pm

weld on link and coil spring suspension kit designed for the front and rear of the J trucks with common axle option selections in mind. Arms, links, brackets and template or clear dimensions on where to weld or bolt everything on. I would be looking specifically for early frame fitment since there is next to nothing available for them but a semi universal 3 or 4 link setup that could be adapted to an early frame would be workable.

I like the pre bent cage idea as well for those that can't or do not want to invest in a bender, tube notcher, and related tooling. I would want one for a J Truck cab, halo style (front tubes following A Pillar, cross bar at top front windshield frame and rear behind head, maybe even an under dash cross bar).

I think I have heard more than a few requests for metal wide track or just over sized flares from folks.
1964 J-200 360/TH400/BW1339 - "Hodge" - as in Hodge Podge :roll:
GM FF 14 Bolt 4.56:1 Yukon Posi rear / GM D44 4.56:1 front
Looking for 8 lug H1's and 37"s

Tad
Vendor

Postby Tad » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:01 pm

You do realize Marshall has not replied to this thread in almost a year now?
He's a great guy with a great family but most of your ideas require so much specific tooling and research between models I think he moved on to better prospects.

If I'm wrong I will certainly apologize directly to him, but I think a lot of these requests are out of reach for most FSJ parts builders.

Example:
Several of us could build JTruck interior cab roll bar kits, but you would need to be able to weld on the back end of things.
I would sell like 4 a year.
It's not worth my R&D time to do that.
40 per year, yea, I would buy more tooling, but I bet 90% of FSJ customers would bail at the cost.
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/37" Trxus MT's
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project
TadRack Files-Open Source

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: RE: Re: Market study for fsj specific off-road gear

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:04 pm

Tad wrote:You do realize Marshall has not replied to this thread in almost a year now?
He's a great guy with a great family but most of your ideas require so much specific tooling and research between models I think he moved on to better prospects.

If I'm wrong I will certainly apologize directly to him, but I think a lot of these requests are out of reach for most FSJ parts builders.

Example:
Several of us could build JTruck interior cab roll bar kits, but you would need to be able to weld on the back end of things.
I would sell like 4 a year.
It's not worth my R&D time to do that.
40 per year, yea, I would buy more tooling, but I bet 90% of FSJ customers would bail at the cost.

Sadly your correct and business sense is what often kills the idea.
I do wish a larger company like MD Juan, who builds all sorts of jeep bodies, could build some steel FSJ widetrac flares.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

prospector

Postby prospector » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:33 pm

Bolt-on rocker guards! Simple swing-out tire or gas can carrier that's inexpensive and doesn't require new bumpers. Simple and effective clamp-on roof racks--old school safari style. Rear air deflectors. Steel factory replacement bumpers, paintable.

Return to “Offroad FSJ Tech”