Big Orange n Tan Cherokee

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: RE: Big Orange Cherokee

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

az chip wrote:Yes I am. Black around the windows and black striping/letters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ohhhh... Now now that i see a bigger tease pic I Love that color!! That's gonna be niiiiice!

Topic author
az chip

Re: Big Orange Cherokee

Post by az chip »

Thanks! I went through a lot of different colors looking for that one.

'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Adventure_Wagon88

Post by Adventure_Wagon88 »

Runs through the shock bushing as a way of bolting it on in some vehicles. XJs use them upper rear and lower front I know. Looks like this -Image

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: RE: Re: Big Orange Cherokee

az chip wrote:Thanks! I went through a lot of different colors looking for that one.

Kinda reminds me of a mocha color I saw on a fiat a couple years ago. I am more of an earth tone kinda guy. I hear ya on the difficulty finding the color that makes you happy, it's never easy. I remember even as a kid building a plastic model of a cj. Took me several trips and a few repaints before I found the tan I wanted.
I think the black will be an awesome contrast without being obnoxious. Can't wait to see it in full out in the sun. 8-)

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
az chip wrote:Thanks! I went through a lot of different colors looking for that one.

Kinda reminds me of a mocha color I saw on a fiat a couple years ago. I am more of an earth tone kinda guy. I hear ya on the difficulty finding the color that makes you happy, it's never easy. I remember even as a kid building a plastic model of a cj. Took me several trips and a few repaints before I found the tan I wanted.
I think the black will be an awesome contrast without being obnoxious. Can't wait to see it in full out in the sun. 8-)

I agree. I went through every color on the spectrum. I thought I wanted an orange/yellow. But gradually over time as I worked on it I realized I wanted a Jeep color. I am glad some like it. It is amazing that once I picked the final color what a relief it was. It also unblocked my mind from picturing a completed vehicle. I am rolling now.

'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
az chip

Big Orange Cherokee

Post by az chip »

Started on rear lift. Hopefully done and running this week.

tedlovesjeeps71

*trash can full of popcorn emoji *
Can't wait to see this in full color!!!

Topic author
az chip

Big Orange Cherokee

Post by az chip »

I hate doing leaf springs on concrete. Crap!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage

Dang!!!

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

First side is in. Now to the other.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

The left side fwd hidden nut bolt came out at 1:52 AM this day. After several weeks of being washed down with Aero Kroil she slid out like the well oiled machine I made her. I am happy that it held up.
Last edited by az chip on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

That is a victory. Nice!
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Lift kit is in. Now to get her running!

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

She is not running. Starting then dies right away. Tired. Throwing in the towel for this week.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Currently changing the fuel pump. Still not running. I had her running last year when I parked it. The fuel supply hose looks like crap between the hard line and the fuel pump input.

tedlovesjeeps71

az chip wrote:Currently changing the fuel pump. Still not running. I had her running last year when I parked it. The fuel supply hose looks like crap between the hard line and the fuel pump input.
Curiously I don't remember having so many fuel issues "back in the day" before Efuel became nearly unavoidable. I wonder if it plays a part in your issues? My wife's waggy, which we rescued from its 10 years of being parked in a field, needed a fuel pump as well. Sure, sitting so long could easily have dried out and ruined the fuel pump diaphragm no matter what. But I don't remember this happening to me in my younger years when I rescued other old stuff.
Good luck with your struggle. It'll be worth it so keep fighting!

Topic author
az chip

Big Orange Cherokee

Post by az chip »

I am rebuilding the trans crossmember support. Mine is all tore up from when the drive shaft let go.

ToolShed

Post by ToolShed »

Ouch! Did you get it running? Mine is supposed to be the same color as yours
Jim

78 Cherokee Chief W/T 360 4V TH400 D20

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

I am just getting out of my peak busy season at work (freight dog) and trying to rest up. I have about 70 irons in the fire at any one point.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

ToolShed wrote:Ouch! Did you get it running? Mine is supposed to be the same color as yours

Red or tan? The Tan is a Toyota color.

ToolShed

Post by ToolShed »

Red & black, sorry meant your original color. Someone just sprayed a really bad tan paint job on mine.
Jim

78 Cherokee Chief W/T 360 4V TH400 D20