Big Orange n Tan Cherokee

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
az chip

Re: Big Orange n Tan Cherokee

Post by az chip »

Simba wrote:Enjoyed reading your build thread! I always learn something from these! And would echo your comments about the help and friendship from those on the forum! Hope to see the Cherokee and meet you in Ouray! Oh, almost forgot...love the tan!
Thanks! Were you at Ouray this year?
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Curly

Post by Curly »

az chip wrote:The new one I am installing? I am not sure if it is in production.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
Chip, I'm going to come to your house, pretend to be your friend and then steal that Champion spark plug machine! :evil: I had one of those in my classroom when I started teaching in 1980. I don't know what happened to it, but it was a great machine! I did manage to score an old Sun analyzer similar to the one I used when I was teaching. Love the old school tools.
I start what I finish.

81 Wagoneer 4.2/auto
77 Cherokee S 360/Auto/QT
97 Jeep Wrangler

Jacobsjseries

Post by Jacobsjseries »

Nice looking build. I picked up a 74 Cherokee this fall that will be getting some work done. Rockers are gone along with the bottoms of the rear quarter panels and the brakes need fixed but it ran and drove for 3 months before I parked it for the winter. Only paid $1000 so I'm happy with it so far. Also have a 75 J20 and a 74 J10 that's my parts donor. Would attach a pic but my file sizes are to big.

Jacobsjseries

Post by Jacobsjseries »

Figured out the attachment thing, kind of anyways. This is my newest Jeep. Anyone know what the limit is on picture file sizes?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

To keep track of my entire build I am going to keep up to date with my efi install here.

Commenced tearing off the old to get ready for the the new intake and efi.
ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

I am still with you.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Pan installed. Some trimming required.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Teaser pics. Will fully update soon. ImageImage

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

Very interested in this - not that I'm going EFI any time soon but interested just the same!

By the way, do you recall who makes those valve covers bolts you're using? I like 'em.
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

twisted frame wrote:Very interested in this - not that I'm going EFI any time soon but interested just the same!

By the way, do you recall who makes those valve covers bolts you're using? I like 'em.
ARP bolts from Summit.

bwwhaler

Post by bwwhaler »

Looks great, keep up the good work, I would like to know about the Holley EFI also, looks good.
1987 GW 360/727/229 Performer intake Holley 670 32's 4" BJ's Springs CS-144 Serehill's light and tailgate harness

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

bwwhaler wrote:Looks great, keep up the good work, I would like to know about the Holley EFI also, looks good.

The Holley Sniper is an all in one unit. The ECU is attached to the throttle body. There is still wiring but no box to remotely attach. O2 Sensor, relay for fuel pump, and a fuel pump and some 3/8" fuel line and that is all.

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

az chip wrote:ARP bolts from Summit.
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

twisted frame wrote:
az chip wrote:ARP bolts from Summit.
Here is the Part number at Summit: ARP-400-7505.

Pulled up my old order. I put a lot of that stuff on my wish list so I can see it again.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Far as I got tonight. Well, I did slice my thumb open.

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

You going to use the engine hoist and that one bolt to pick that heavy thing up.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

I pulled the old one out by hand. This one is a lot lighter!

Simba

Post by Simba »

az chip wrote:
Simba wrote:Enjoyed reading your build thread! I always learn something from these! And would echo your comments about the help and friendship from those on the forum! Hope to see the Cherokee and meet you in Ouray! Oh, almost forgot...love the tan!
Thanks! Were you at Ouray this year?
Sorry about the slow response, don't get much time to get on here. Yes, 2016 was our first year, then again in 17, plan to make it again this year.
1976 Wagoneer. Lincoln, NE

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Intake on! On to next task. ImageImage

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

You got balls installing it without covering the holes. I'd have dropped in a bolt and a socket or two.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.