Big Orange n Tan Cherokee

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Nikkormat

Re: Big Orange n Tan Cherokee

Post by Nikkormat »

Is it not coming? You've got time!
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Not with my schedule. :banghead:
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

az chip wrote:Not with my schedule. :banghead:
Next year!

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

You make me feel I have dishonored the Jeep People.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

az chip wrote:You make me feel I have dishonored the Jeep People.
My Jeep isn't coming either.

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

az chip wrote:You make me feel I have dishonored the Jeep People.
Youre just making sure we don't feel bad as we all have that happen. Some, like me, have it happen all the time! You'll make it, this year or the next... ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

I am going to be there. I have a kitchen pass and a 2004 Suburban. It should make it.

will e

Post by will e »

I showed up in a sporttrac two years ago AND I had to get it jump started by a FSJ. LOL.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

will e wrote:I showed up in a sporttrac two years ago AND I had to get it jump started by a FSJ. LOL.
Oh, the humanity! :D

Topic author
az chip

Big Orange n Tan Cherokee

Post by az chip »

Today the weekend day was filled with a date afternoon with my forgiving wife. This evening was for the Jeep.

Installed the tach. Tuned a little. She seems stuck on 1000 rpm all the time. I need to read the TSM for the choke adjusting. I don't know how but I got all the vacuum lines right from the engine vac and motors to the controls. All checks out fine. I had installed new hose as mine were dust. Checking things like the trans fluid and the curb idle are hard to do as I am alone. No help in this garage. I will get it. I also installed one of the waggy seats I got from Derf. Perfect fit and feels nice. A good deal. Image
ImageImage

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

tedlovesjeeps71

az chip wrote:Image

Doesn't look very orange...? Image

will e

Post by will e »

If your going to move it around like that you better put some fluids in it.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

will e wrote:If your going to move it around like that you better put some fluids in it.
She is full of everything I could get in it. Driving it last night. Better than the first time. Issues:

No speedometer
Bang in to reverse bad
High idle
oil pressure flaky

Other than that seems ok. Ran for about an hour. No overheating OAT 102.

will e

Post by will e »

I do not see any drips, you better check again.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

will e wrote:I do not see any drips, you better check again.
That is funny. I checked twice. It has a leak. You just cannot see it from that angle.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Any ideas for oil pressure welcome. I searched and found the "oil gets hot drops to 5 psi threads. Just the relief spring or full oil pump replacement?

tedlovesjeeps71

az chip wrote:Any ideas for oil pressure welcome. I searched and found the "oil gets hot drops to 5 psi threads. Just the relief spring or full oil pump replacement?
What weight oil you running??

will e

Post by will e »

What is the oil pressure doing? Verify with a mechanical gauge.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
az chip wrote:Any ideas for oil pressure welcome. I searched and found the "oil gets hot drops to 5 psi threads. Just the relief spring or full oil pump replacement?
What weight oil you running??

10-40