Big Orange n Tan Cherokee

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

jsinajeep

Re: Big Orange Cherokee

Post by jsinajeep »

I suppose after this you will be wanting another cross member. LOL

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

jsinajeep wrote:I suppose after this you will be wanting another cross member. LOL
Already have an extra I got from Tad at TITD. It should clear now. Rebuilding stuff takes awhile. You happen to have a left rear brake line from proportioning valve to brake split? Mine is smashed.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Working through the heli-coil issues tonight. And some pics of the smooshed brake line.
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

will e

Post by will e »

Okay, I didn't have that trouble with a 4" lift on my waggy but if I remember correctly it was close!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

az chip wrote:
jsinajeep wrote:I suppose after this you will be wanting another cross member. LOL
Already have an extra I got from Tad at TITD. It should clear now. Rebuilding stuff takes awhile. You happen to have a left rear brake line from proportioning valve to brake split? Mine is smashed.
Yes I do it on the 80 Wagon. Should be the same.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Great. Be down soon.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

New addition from Ross in Texas. They look great. Might need an inch or two of trimming.

Topic author
az chip

Big Orange Cherokee

Post by az chip »

Not a big deal for some. The TC got pulled tonight. Just me, a strap and Jerry's tranny lift. Why? You might ask. Someone put an Eagle tc in my Cherokee. A 129AM to be exact. So I wanted part time and a non Eagle box. So here we are at np208. Now for Advil. Image

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

After installing the 208 I figured out I had none of the brackets I needed to use the tc shifter. The po had installed a non standard 129 AM tc. I had to shoot down to the junkyard 40 miles west and go see the Globe parts source 58 miles east. But I got everything.

What I needed.
What I started with.

What I got

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

I have been told that guy in Globe has some parts. LOL

rstep

Post by rstep »

Just saw one of the brackets heading north yesterday to Globe.
1977 Cherokee Sold
I Don't own One
Stuff I Make.
http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5620

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Does that guy still loan out distributors? I bet Autozone doesn't.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

jsinajeep wrote:I have been told that guy in Globe has some parts. LOL
Jerry, You have six of everything!

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

fulsizjeep wrote:Does that guy still loan out distributors? I bet Autozone doesn't.
Transmission jacks, TFI coils, tons of parts. One stop shop!

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

rstep wrote:Just saw one of the brackets heading north yesterday to Globe.
But that one was being used. He might miss it. I got mine from a nice waggie that should not have been put in the junk yard.

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

Maybe not six of everything but yes ,a lot of parts.

jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

I feel you on the one-man transfer case swap. I did the same from the np229 to the NP242, with a HF tranny lift. What joy, and i didn't have the misfortune of helicoil work.

I did the same swapping the RSGears AX15 into my YJ. There are times that you really do NOT want a tall lift on your rig, and that was one of them! The STaK flip 300 TC was easy, just bench pressed and bolted. It isn't awkwardly shaped/weighted like the NP cases.

Must be nice to have a FSJ department store right down the road.. 8^} OK, Globe isn't "close" to anywhere, so relatively speaking here..
One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.
88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, J20 axles, etc. http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
95YJ, STaK, D44's, SOA, ARB's, Bilstein 5150s, 35" KM2's
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

will e

Post by will e »

jpswapmohn wrote: Must be nice to have a FSJ department store right down the road.. 8^} OK, Globe isn't "close" to anywhere, so relatively speaking here..
Jerry is a gem, that's for sure. And he knows what he is talking about too!

When I swapped in the Atlas it was a super pain. Heavy and kind of big. I didn't know what clocking would be best. It hit the coffin. I think I spend 6 weekends on my back in the garage to get it in.

And you are right, a little bit of lift is nice but too much makes it hard.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

will e wrote:And you are right, a little bit of lift is nice but too much makes it hard.
That's what she said.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

44bz

Post by 44bz »

fulsizjeep wrote:
will e wrote:And you are right, a little bit of lift is nice but too much makes it hard.
That's what she said.
Well done sir, well doneImage

1968 J2000 - AMC 327/T18/D20 (twin stick), stock D44s, 3" body lift, 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs w/ Kevlar