Big Orange n Tan Cherokee

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
az chip

Re: Big Orange n Tan Cherokee

Post by az chip »

243 wrote:I bet you will like the 401, mine was a beast in my '79, I never got better than 10mpg but neither does my TBI 360 so no penalty for displacement! :D

:shock: :D
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

The one in the Cherokee gets 14 if I stay below 3000 rpm. I expect nothing less from the new one going in the 90.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Received today. It is a 401. Will be a down the road project.
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

will e

Post by will e »

Welcome to 'the club'. ;)
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

rlm2550

Post by rlm2550 »

401!!! Nice!!
Robin
1978 Cherokee Chief, 401, 700R4, NP208. Dana 44's x 2, Mickey Thompson Deegan tires, lunchbox locker in the rear

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

rlm2550 wrote:401!!! Nice!!
Robin
Thanks Robin.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

will e wrote:Welcome to 'the club'. ;)
The "need oil stocks" club?

Topic author
az chip

Big Orange n Tan Cherokee

Post by az chip »

Lack of updates. Yes I know. I am cruising steadily attempting to get a lot done. Tearing out the dash to replace tubing and vacuum lines. Installing new brake valve and getting the exhaust back in. As well as wiring and brakes. I hope for a more detailed update soon.
ImageImage

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Detailed update 1.

I am lost in Jeep land. Do not attempt to locate.

Got the final layout of the MSD in. At least for now. On to the other stuff.

ImageImage

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Working on brakes. Rear brakes were like a time capsule. I think the crushed line stopped them from working. Line is fixed now. Image

will e

Post by will e »

Nice Progress. Is it going to make it to the Invasion?
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

will e wrote:Nice Progress. Is it going to make it to the Invasion?
Unknown. I will be there. The Jeep is slowing me down.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Ok. Update time.

Just to show where all the parts come from I will put the first name of where they came from.

First of all, without Jerry in Globe there would be no Jeep. Every time I needed an important part for the last two years or troubleshooting help Jerry was there.

Installed Kevin's np208, Derf's front drive shaft. Installed Tad's crossmember. New brake hoses all the way around. Installed new bleeders on all brakes. 1 person bled all brakes. Fixed leak in rear brake flex line by going to the Parker hose store. Changed fluid in transfer case Dex III. It feels good to have this much done. 30/70 it makes it to Ouray.

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

Let get that Jeep to Ouray, it look like I will need to be a rider with someone. LOL

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

jsinajeep wrote:Let get that Jeep to Ouray, it look like I will need to be a rider with someone. LOL
Jerry, I will try.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Heater vacuum. On the dash vacuum switch there is a H, 1, 2, 3, and 4. Input vacuum on 1? Heater on H? And defrost on the last one? I need this because all vacuum lines were removed before I got it. I know I should troubleshoot but I am trying to get finished.
ImageImageImage

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Oh well.

will e

Post by will e »

You might post up a separate thread asking your vacuum question.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Get some caps and scraps of hose to test it with. Figure out which goes where.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Oh, That is not it. LOL. I figured that out. I was hoping to get it to Ouray. After working on it it two years and still having a long list of items is a little discouraging.