Big Orange n Tan Cherokee

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
az chip

Re: Big Orange n Tan Cherokee

Post by az chip »

SJTD wrote:You got balls installing it without covering the holes. I'd have dropped in a bolt and a socket or two.
You know, I did not think of that at the time. :shock:
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

SJTD wrote:You got balls installing it without covering the holes. I'd have dropped in a bolt and a socket or two.
he works on airplanes you get used to not leaving things laying around where they shouldn't be!

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Yeah, well I still put tape over it. LOL
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Cheapthrills

Post by Cheapthrills »

That engine sure looks pretty.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Cheapthrills wrote:That engine sure looks pretty.

I don't like oil leaks!

Topic author
az chip

Big Orange n Tan Cherokee

Post by az chip »

Things are moving along. Engineering the 727 trans shift was a little challenging. I removed the old one and drilled and tapped it. ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by az chip on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

will e

Post by will e »

It sure makes for a clean looking install. Nice.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

bwwhaler

Post by bwwhaler »

Sexy....
1987 GW 360/727/229 Performer intake Holley 670 32's 4" BJ's Springs CS-144 Serehill's light and tailgate harness

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Wish I had more time. I mocked up the in tank fuel pump. Hopefully finish that next weekend. Image

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Got the tank install finished. Thanks to Jerry i got to use an old tank like mine to mock up my pump system. Invaluable tool.
ImageImageImage

Cheapthrills

Post by Cheapthrills »

I like that a lot

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Very nice. Pretty much how my low pressure pump is already setup on mine to prevent vapor lock.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

dodgerammit wrote:Very nice. Pretty much how my low pressure pump is already setup on mine to prevent vapor lock.
How did you seal your holes?

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

I modded a factory sender with a ford low pressure pump from their early efi systems. Looks like the way you have attached that pump. I had no holes to seal. Used stock sending unit location.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Pulled fuel tank to run new 3/8 feed line, run fuel pump wiring, and mount my Evil Twin Rock Sliders.
ImageImageImageImage

1979bettywhite

Post by 1979bettywhite »

We need an update! Did you ever decide on bump stops, or determine how much is needed? Looking to upgrade mine sometime soon, but haven't had the chance to flex things out to determine where they need to be.

camerafinn

Updates?

Post by camerafinn »

Hey, I just read the whole thread for the first time. Looks like you are doing some great work. I really like the sliders, makes me think I need to make some myself. It's pretty cool to learn everything as you go, isn't it? Mechanicals and suspension are awesome. Can't say the same about wiring though.
Are you planing to be at Ouray this year?
Keep it up.
Finn

You know it's a good morning when the gas gauge works for the whole drive.

1970.5 Gladiator J-4800 Camper Special Custom Cab - 55,000 Miles (Under Reconstruction)
1967 Jeepster Convertible - 8071 Deluxe - 65,000 Miles

Topic author
az chip

Re: Updates?

Post by az chip »

camerafinn wrote:Hey, I just read the whole thread for the first time. Looks like you are doing some great work. I really like the sliders, makes me think I need to make some myself. It's pretty cool to learn everything as you go, isn't it? Mechanicals and suspension are awesome. Can't say the same about wiring though.
Are you planing to be at Ouray this year?
Keep it up.

The sliders are Evil Twin Fab. Learning is a problem as I am a slow learner. Ouray might be an issue for me. Work schedule and changes in life are driving my time off.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

Lots going on. Not a lot of time for updates. All new brake lines. All new fuel lines. Just a lot of stuff
ImageImage

will e

Post by will e »

Looking good! Will you be taking it to TITD?
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge