1967 Resto-Mod Build: 4:1 Quadcab

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: 1965 Super Wagoneer Resto-Mod Build: 3:1

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

That rhino grille would look good on something of mine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44bz

Post by 44bz »

You lucky dog! Nice find on the 327 powered truck. Mine had the two TC switches also but no dash lights and the wiring had been cut. Any motor pics yet???

1968 J2000 - AMC 327/T18/D20 (twin stick), stock D44s, 3" body lift, 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs w/ Kevlar

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:That rhino grille would look good on something of mine... Image

Lol, I know, right!?

But I made a "Faustian Bargain" for that white Super Wagoneer that included my NOS Rhino Grill and a few others so it would be less cash out of hand for me. So it's already gone. Image

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

44bz wrote:You lucky dog! Nice find on the 327 powered truck. Mine had the two TC switches also but no dash lights and the wiring had been cut. Any motor pics yet???

Lucky for sure. I live in the epicenter of vintage jeeps, though.

I'm embarrassed by the looks of her, but here goes nothing:

I'll clean her up and paint her- and try to make it look as nice as your motor!

44bz

Post by 44bz »

I haven't seen the battery mounted on the passenger side before. How's that work?

I'm excited that you snagged a 327, I really like that motor.

1968 J2000 - AMC 327/T18/D20 (twin stick), stock D44s, 3" body lift, 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs w/ Kevlar

tedlovesjeeps71

66stepside wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:That rhino grille would look good on something of mine... Image

Lol, I know, right!?

But I made a "Faustian Bargain" for that white Super Wagoneer that included my NOS Rhino Grill and a few others so it would be less cash out of hand for me. So it's already gone. Image

ImageImageImage

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
66stepside wrote:

Lol, I know, right!?

ImageImageImage

Hahahahaha, that's an instant classic!

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

44bz wrote:I haven't seen the battery mounted on the passenger side before. How's that work?

I'm excited that you snagged a 327, I really like that motor.
Yeah, weird, right?

If you look closely, someone swapped in a Wagoneer front clip! So when that happened, they relocated all the wiring to the driver's side. Crazy. I'm not sure why that did that, but it'll all get corrected once she's buttoned up in between the Super's frame. The battery cables are pretty toasted, so maybe they did that because of how short their cables were at the time? It looks like a stump jumper to me.

44bz

Post by 44bz »

Interesting. Maybe they swapped a later model core support to fit the bigger radiator, since the 327 radiator is nonexistent.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

44bz wrote:Interesting. Maybe they swapped a later model core support to fit the bigger radiator, since the 327 radiator is nonexistent.

Maybe- the radiator in there looks fairly new, and huge, too. I've yet to have it running long enough to get it up to operating temp, but running long enough to know it sounds pretty healthy. There's no exhaust past the point where the two pipes merge to one at the factory junction. Hahaha.

44bz

Post by 44bz »

66stepside wrote:
Maybe- the radiator in there looks fairly new, and huge, too. I've yet to have it running long enough to get it up to operating temp, but running long enough to know it sounds pretty healthy. There's no exhaust past the point where the two pipes merge to one at the factory junction. Hahaha.

There's a 4bbl intake on eBay right now. The price on those has really gone up tho.

Topic author
66stepside

1965 Super Wagoneer Resto-Mod Build: 3:1

Post by 66stepside »

44bz wrote:
66stepside wrote:

There's a 4bbl intake on eBay right now. The price on those has really gone up tho.

I'm going to keep the 2bbl intake for now. The 258 I6 TBI kit from Howell can be used in the jeep 327. 1400.00 is pretty steep, but they pop up here on Craigslist every once in awhile for a reasonable price. One of these days I'll snag one.

The carb I have is a 2bbl from a 60's era V8 Ford F100. So it'll balance out the power, and sip the gas a bit more.

44bz

Post by 44bz »

66stepside wrote:
44bz wrote:
66stepside wrote:

I'm going to keep the 2bbl intake for now. The 258 I6 TBI kit from Howell can be used in the jeep 327. 1400.00 is pretty steep, but they pop up here on Craigslist every once in awhile for a reasonable price. One of these days I'll snag one.

The carb I have is a 2bbl from a 60's era V8 Ford F100. So it'll balance out the power, and sip the gas a bit more.
I hadn't heard that about TBI kit, that's cool!

tedlovesjeeps71

I have a "universal" Howell V8 kit that was used on some dodge 360 powered buggy. I was gonna keep it for one of the jeeps but I have E more than I can handle right now and could use the cash more. Let me know if you're interested.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:I have a "universal" Howell V8 kit that was used on some dodge 360 powered buggy. I was gonna keep it for one of the jeeps but I have E more than I can handle right now and could use the cash more. Let me know if you're interested.

2, or 4 bbl?

tedlovesjeeps71

66stepside wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:I have a "universal" Howell V8 kit that was used on some dodge 360 powered buggy. I was gonna keep it for one of the jeeps but I have E more than I can handle right now and could use the cash more. Let me know if you're interested.

2, or 4 bbl?

Pretty sure it's 2bbl. I can look later tonight or tomorrow morning. Currently it's in a box next to the spare bed being used as stairs for the dogs. Image

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
66stepside wrote:

2, or 4 bbl?

Pretty sure it's 2bbl. I can look later tonight or tomorrow morning. Currently it's in a box next to the spare bed being used as stairs for the dogs. Image

Hahaha, nice. My spare rear Wagoneer seat is a glorified dog bed. She's worth it.

tedlovesjeeps71

66stepside wrote: Hahaha, nice. My spare rear Wagoneer seat is a glorified dog bed. She's worth it.

Yeah, we do what we can for them. Haha! Looks like yours is riding on grand Cherokee seats, right? I think I have the same seats, color and all, in my storage.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
66stepside wrote: Hahaha, nice. My spare rear Wagoneer seat is a glorified dog bed. She's worth it.

Yeah, we do what we can for them. Haha! Looks like yours is riding on grand Cherokee seats, right? I think I have the same seats, color and all, in my storage.
Dang, you're good. That's right. Good eye.

swampedge

1965 Super Wagoneer Resto-Mod Build: 3:1

Post by swampedge »

I have to have those T-case lights. Let me know if you would sell them and the harness. PM me.

You really are judged by the dogs you have!