1967 Resto-Mod Build: 4:1 Quadcab

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
66stepside

Re: 1967 Resto-Mod Build: 4:1 Quadcab

Post by 66stepside »

twisted frame wrote:Real good progress! Keep it up. Firewall looks great and looks like you have a very, very solid cab, free or rot.
Thanks! I got lucky all the PO wanted from it was the 401.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Nikkormat wrote:How hard was it to graft the brow onto the Wagoneer windshield frame?
That was the easy part. The hard part is getting the rest of the roof to line up correctly.

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

66stepside wrote:
Nikkormat wrote:How hard was it to graft the brow onto the Wagoneer windshield frame?
That was the easy part. The hard part is getting the rest of the roof to line up correctly.

Didn't happen to take any "how to" pics or have any tricks... Do ya? I'm sure Gabe and others would appreciate feedback. Image

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

No I didn’t. If I can remember, I’ll try to do that when I go to graft the roof line on correctly.

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

66stepside wrote:No I didn’t. If I can remember, I’ll try to do that when I go to graft the roof line on correctly.

That would be awesome! A Crew cab is on my to-do dream list. I honestly have no idea how to make it work without looking like Dr Frankenstein with a welder.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

My son and I got pretty busy- mostly my son as I directed.

The front wheel wells (passenger and driver side) need to be widened as it sits a bit too far forward to have the wheel centered in the opening.

I somehow lost a foot and the bed hangs over the back of the frame- not a big deal, BUT I have to decide whether or not to keep the bed the same length, or shorten it- aesthetics; it has to look right. Maybe I’ll mock up the fenders and side skirts to see if that makes a difference to me.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

My son and I got pretty busy- mostly my son as I directed.

The front wheel wells (passenger and driver side) need to be widened as it sits a bit too far forward to have the wheel centered in the opening.

I somehow lost a foot and the bed hangs over the back of the frame- not a big deal, BUT I have to decide whether or not to keep the bed the same length, or shorten it- aesthetics; it has to look right. Maybe I’ll mock up the fenders and side skirts to see if that makes a difference to me.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

What's your wheelbase sitting at?

EDIT: Stock the donor truck was 143.5"
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

I am trying to imagine the feeling of losing that foot of length. I feel like I've done that when measuring and dealing with overlaps. I have no doubt you and your son will find the proportions that look right to you - I imagine you were not going for a bobbed bed look, correct? It sure looks impressive from where I'm sitting. Keep up the excellent work!
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

twisted frame wrote:I am trying to imagine the feeling of losing that foot of length. I feel like I've done that when measuring and dealing with overlaps. I have no doubt you and your son will find the proportions that look right to you - I imagine you were not going for a bobbed bed look, correct? It sure looks impressive from where I'm sitting. Keep up the excellent work!
Haha, in a perfect world the bed would line up on the rear axle like I thought it would.

Maybe it’s a king cab, mega cab!? Haha, I can move the rear axle back one, or two inches, but no more than that, with new spring perches, but I’d rather not.

No bobbed bed for me. I tried mocking up a rear fender, but there’s no room to mount it on both sides.

There’s still a huge about of tedious work to do. Oh well, I’ve got all winter.

toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

I'll have to say, I think I am most jealous of the barn doors you have hanging on the wall. I'd love to have that on the cherk!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

toothofwar wrote:I'll have to say, I think I am most jealous of the barn doors you have hanging on the wall. I'd love to have that on the cherk!

Haha, thanks! Pretty slick wall art!

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

I’m in the process of slicing and dicing the radiator support and inner fender wells for running the stock Chevy air Intake, battery, and other engine bay stuff.

So I measured and scribed my lines:

I didn’t get pics of the radiator support, but you get the gist.

I would’ve cut today, but I was interrupted by two things; building a sub woofer box for my son’s TJ, and delivery of the last piece of the roofing puzzle!

We went and got her yesterday. We were so exhausted, I left it at my buddy’s house and he dropped it off today.

The grill and pie plates are gone, as is the Dana 60 5 lug rear axle and tailgate.

It has a Buick 350, th400, Dana 20 t case combo. It’ll get parted out?

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

I’m in the process of slicing and dicing the radiator support and inner fender wells for running the stock Chevy air Intake, battery, and other engine bay stuff.

So I measured and scribed my lines:

I didn’t get pics of the radiator support, but you get the gist.

I would’ve cut today, but I was interrupted by two things; building a sub woofer box for my son’s TJ, and delivery of the last piece of the roofing puzzle!

We went and got her yesterday. We were so exhausted, I left it at my buddy’s house and he dropped it off today.

The grill and pie plates are gone, as is the Dana 60 5 lug rear axle and tailgate.

It has a Buick 350, th400, Dana 20 t case combo. It’ll get parted out?

jaber
Vendor

Post by jaber »

From the pics, it looks too good to cut up...
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

I'll agree with jabber on that. I'd love to find one in that condition.

Phils67

Post by Phils67 »

Dibs on the rear bumper!
1967 Gladiator J2000, 1998 4.0L OBD2, T18, D20 twin sticks, D44HD/D60, Detroit lockers, 3.73s, 4wheel disc brake, FSSR, Dakota digital, etc.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

True. It does look good from a distance. I snapped pics at the best angle I guess.

Two things that lead me to believe she’s a goner:
1) no title
2) the frame is bent in the middle, so she’s sags about an 1”.

The 350 combo was swapped in, as were the front fenders, so she’s been wrecked and hasn’t been on the road since 1996.

I have to set up an ad here on the forum for what I’m selling off, but the parts have been listed on the local Craigslist and SlaveBook’s FSJ community, too. (bumpers front and rear, engine combo, and bed for starters).

Tearing it apart and selling off what I can is my Thanksgiving agenda. Some must die so others can live.

toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

So what about front finders?

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

If you have time and it's not too much trouble, would you mind posting a pic of the cowl vent trough on any of the cabs you happen to have in an easily-accessible state? I certainly don't mind posting this request in its own thread too as it's not part of your build. I figured I'd ask since you'll be slicing and dicing though! :) My cowl trough is severely rotted at the driver and passenger end such that it leaks water badly into my cab. Of course I'm completely assuming this area on your new parts truck is perfectly great since the truck looks so decent from afar! :-bd
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.