1967 Resto-Mod Build: 4:1 Quadcab

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
66stepside

Re: 1966 (1968?) Wagoneer Build

Post by 66stepside »

Accentuate the positive, or so the song remade by Spokane's native son Bing Crosby goes, lol.

Everything is there in the interior- the wheel well covers, the trim under the rear seat, the pillar plastic (rare to find intact, or even there), and the rear cargo mat. It may have had a dash compass at one point, too.

The Spring over appears to be factory. Is that possible?
There's no evidence of a perch on the lower part of the axle tube.

Very cool fabric:

Hornet central, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Do you have a pic of the front differential side spring perch? I can't say it isn't possible that it's factory but I'd suspect highly unlikely. Look at the shock mount in the second pick. That looks added.., maybe?
Is it running Ross or Saginaw style steering?

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

I did not snap pics today. I did start the clean out last night with a flashlight. Hahaha. I'm a geek. Today, my wife had some girlfriends over and my son and I bailed to watch the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie, then out to dinner.

So I'll snap a few tomorrow. It does have the Ross set up. while I have four spare units, if I keep this one whole, that'll change pretty quick to a Saginaw set up. If I cannibalize the jeep to maintain the herd, I'll add the Ross box to the rest of the stash.

az chip

Post by az chip »

You are a Wagoneer whisperer.

'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
66stepside

1966 (1968?) Wagoneer Build

Post by 66stepside »

az chip wrote:You are a Wagoneer whisperer.

Hahahaha, that cracks me up, thanks az chip, i think I needed that.

I am on the e-stim literally right now (electronic stimulation) for my back/shoulder.

My son changed the rear tire the other day and the jeep appears to have either a posi, or a locker in the rear axle.

Last edited by 66stepside on Sun May 07, 2017 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

tedlovesjeeps71

I am Groot!!!

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:I am Groot!!!

Roflmao!

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Rotator cuff, muscle tear of some muscle I can't pronounce, and herniated disc in my neck. Maybe building jeeps doesn't agree with me anymore?

Here's a pic of the passenger's side Spring Perch:

My son vacuumed out the jeep. The floors are rusty, but minimal cancer. Surprising considering the carpet dry super dry rotted.

This was pretty trick, or so I thought:

ImageThe Hurst shifter housing, but also how the PO welded a larger tunnel to accommodate the 4 speed swap. Must've been a beaut back in the day.

I know I mentioned the seat fabric- I really dig it:

The good? All the plastic moulding for the door jams, rear seat, rear wheel humps and rear cargo cover are present and in remarkably good condition. No cancer in the rear wheel area, pretty straight, 96% of the chrome is there.

The bad? The tailgate is shot, and there's a spot of cancer by the upper door jamb. One broken rear cargo area window. Missing cigar lighter, missing keys, missing antenna, one rear cargo panel is missing, and wipers arms are missing the arms. Cool part (pun incoming)- I have all those spare parts. But it's too soon to tell whether or not I'll cannibalize it for parts for the 66/68, or do something different with her.

az chip

Post by az chip »

Oh man. Come on save it! I hear you about the neck and back. Long, boring story. Suffice to say I hurt a lot. Advil is my drug dealer of choice. I work and take week long breaks and plan some, work some and take a break again. That is why it takes me so long on such a cream puff to get stuff done. That and I am slow.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

az chip wrote:Oh man. Come on save it! I hear you about the neck and back. Long, boring story. Suffice to say I hurt a lot. Advil is my drug dealer of choice. I work and take week long breaks and plan some, work some and take a break again. That is why it takes me so long on such a cream puff to get stuff done. That and I am slow.

Lol, you're not helping! Hahaha.

I'm thinking that if I use the two to make one, I can make make the other a solid ride for someone else to restore and sell it cheaper than restoring it outright.

I still need to find time to transfer the title over. It's crazy- the guy who bought it off the original owner never put the jeep in his own name, but I have all the notarized paperwork and release info to supposedly title it. It'll take a bit of time to figure it all out.

If all goes according to plan, I'll literally be the 2nd owner.

az chip

Post by az chip »

I think it is worth saving. At least to someone that has no Jeep at all and would give love to this one.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

az chip wrote:I think it is worth saving. At least to someone that has no Jeep at all and would give love to this one.
Truth. When I'm up to it, I'll dig in to the engine, transmission, t-case, and brakes to see what's going on there.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

After three trips to the DMV and a dozen doughnuts on the final trip (doughs were not intended to be a bribe, I SWEAR! BUT, anyone who knows a REMF, or Pouge, knows about "pougy bait" and how to get 'shifft' done through other channels), I have a title coming, and the new to me jeep wag is on my name! What a relief.

I keep getting various stinging insects in the shop. I think there are two Wagoneers in here that need to be bug bombed.

Any one have any ideas?

Another weird thing- condensation on the concrete floor. Is that normal, or is there something else going on here?

I've checked for leaks, nothing. Any concrete folks with insight into what's up with that? Normal, or not?

Lastly, three MRI's in a row this AM, laying on my back in the worst possible position and worst possible pain. Orthopedic surgeon appointment Monday at 4:15 and I'll know what's up with whatever is going on with my neck, upper spine and left shoulder. Whole left arm numb isn't good for a left hander like me.

az chip

Post by az chip »

You got that sciatic nerve thing too huh? Condensation, is the floor sealed? Did they put a vapor barrier down before concrete? Bugs? Bomb time. Check the exhaust on the non running ones. I had wasps in mine.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

az chip wrote:You got that sciatic nerve thing too huh? Condensation, is the floor sealed? Did they put a vapor barrier down before concrete? Bugs? Bomb time. Check the exhaust on the non running ones. I had wasps in mine.
Must be something like the sciatic nerve thing that affects my left arm/hand. The chrio and PT folks are doing a "process of elimination" thing as to the source of why the nerve is being pinched.

Floor is sealed. Ummm, barrier yes- but under the back fill/filler, not under the rebar. Mistakes were made, or not? Hahaha, the concrete guy said nothing when he came to double check everything prior to the pour. Apparently is happening in a few places, not just in one spot.

I'm thinking of getting painter's plastic, sealing one jeep at a time and "fogging" the jeep under the plastic dome. There must be nests under the dash, inside the headliners, or in the door cavities where it's hard under any circumstances to get those stinging lil' buggers.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Herniated C6 disc, level 2 herniation. Doc said I have two options: fuse, or replace outright. I am opting for replacement.

Meanwhile a buddy of mine helped me pull a few needed parts of a 71 J Truck.

Imagethese vin tags are for you Mud89! Image

We'll be going back for more parts later, but there isn't much left. The best part was the FLAWLESS dash pad. My 66 came with one originally, so having this has been on my list for a long frickin' time.

tedlovesjeeps71

That's awesome on the dash pad!
Good luck on the replacement. I was given similar options but will stick with injections as long as I can. The science just doesn't seem to be there yet for a successful back treatment. Fusion is horrible. Can't say much about replacing a disc but good luck!

az chip

Post by az chip »

Replacement? Dang. Just do what they say and recover correctly.

44bz

Post by 44bz »

The condensation on your concrete may just be moisture coming out as it cures. When I poured my driveway I left it covered in black plastic for a couple weeks to keep it from drying it out too fast and I had puddles of water develop on the concrete.

1968 J2000 - AMC 327/T18/D20 (twin stick), stock D44s, 3" body lift, 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs w/ Kevlar

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:That's awesome on the dash pad!
Good luck on the replacement. I was given similar options but will stick with injections as long as I can. The science just doesn't seem to be there yet for a successful back treatment. Fusion is horrible. Can't say much about replacing a disc but good luck!

This whole neck thing s a rock and a hard place kind of thing. Everyone knows someone who's had the problem and every outcome is different for everyone of them, too. Outcomes range from limited mobility, permanent disability, to climbing Machu Pichu and Mt. Kilimanjaro.

I'm just hoping for the best possible outcome for me. I think no matter what I opt for, I'll need the best of luck. Hahaha, thanks!