FastEddie J10 restomod

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Re: FastEddie J10 restomod

Post by sonoraed »

sonoraed wrote:
SJTD wrote:Got a link for that gasket? I just got one from fsjjeepparts.com that was supposed to be trimless. Not so.

Rock Auto used to list one but it too was the later version. Same manufacturer, two different P/N's for the same part. I suspect these guys are all getting the parts from the same place but they haven't all caught on yet.
Same place I was looking at, so that solves that issue, went ahead and ordered new gasket from BJ's and found used trim on Ebay hopefully will be in good shape and just need to polish, had another stepback last week the battery decided to spring a leak, powdercoat lost a little shine but not too much damage :-?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

sonoraed wrote:
sonoraed wrote:
SJTD wrote:Got a link for that gasket? I just got one from fsjjeepparts.com that was supposed to be trimless. Not so.

Rock Auto used to list one but it too was the later version. Same manufacturer, two different P/N's for the same part. I suspect these guys are all getting the parts from the same place but they haven't all caught on yet.
Same place I was looking at, so that solves that issue, went ahead and ordered new gasket from BJ's and found used trim on Ebay hopefully will be in good shape and just need to polish, had another stepback last week the battery decided to spring a leak, powdercoat lost a little shine but not too much damage :-?

Installed the grille pieces this weekend just see what it looks like, happy with it paint and black stuff was a little too dark, need to paint the emblem/ pie plates and rechrome the grille, sure runs good glad we went with the LM7

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Wow, it has seen daylight! :)
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Stuka wrote:Wow, it has seen daylight! :)
Easy to see why these kind of projects get delayed got to be thinking about it and working on it all the time, the gen III engine was cutting edge 5 years ago and now it's common place with the Gen IV on the edge.

jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

I would still like to see the interior and the mods you did with the dash, if you get a chance. Awesome build!
One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.
88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, J20 axles, etc. http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
95YJ, STaK, D44's, SOA, ARB's, Bilstein 5150s, 35" KM2's
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

Clean Racing

Post by Clean Racing »

So you only used the dodge turn signals on the back?

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

jpswapmohn wrote:I would still like to see the interior and the mods you did with the dash, if you get a chance. Awesome build!
Looks like interior will be the last project, looking forward to the day!

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Clean Racing wrote:So you only used the dodge turn signals on the back?
yes only on the back, bad decision I thought going original on the front would be cool, bit of a unbalance front and back on the side markers,if it were done again would go with the mopar all around

Clean Racing

Post by Clean Racing »

[quote="sonoraed"}

yes only on the back, bad decision I thought going original on the front would be cool, bit of a unbalance front and back on the side markers,if it were done again would go with the mopar all around[/quote]

That is what I did on my J20, went with amber all four corners. The dodge ones look cleaner.

jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

Sort of an oddball question, but which steering stabilizer did you use from bilstein? I am actually asking for my YJ, which is SOA on FSJ D44's and 35's. After the last 2 "events", one of which lead to some time on a frame straightener and the other to having to get both axles rebuilt (broken rear ring, twisted ARB rear housing, splayed front CrMo axle shaft, etc..I done er gud!.8^), it does have a light steering wheel shake at highway speeds. Not enough to be concerning, but annoying on longer drives.
I had selected the 33-170794 Monotube Steering Damper, 46mm, after a bunch of crazy searching to get close, but haven't ordered yet. I am running 5160 rear and 5150 front shocks and would like to stay in the family. I was thinking of running a double, but really don't what the stabilizers to be the front and lowest thing on the front axle.
One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

jpswapmohn wrote:Sort of an oddball question, but which steering stabilizer did you use from bilstein? I am actually asking for my YJ, which is SOA on FSJ D44's and 35's. After the last 2 "events", one of which lead to some time on a frame straightener and the other to having to get both axles rebuilt (broken rear ring, twisted ARB rear housing, splayed front CrMo axle shaft, etc..I done er gud!.8^), it does have a light steering wheel shake at highway speeds. Not enough to be concerning, but annoying on longer drives.
I had selected the 33-170794 Monotube Steering Damper, 46mm, after a bunch of crazy searching to get close, but haven't ordered yet. I am running 5160 rear and 5150 front shocks and would like to stay in the family. I was thinking of running a double, but really don't what the stabilizers to be the front and lowest thing on the front axle.
I know not the thread to get into a tech discussion (feel free to make one in the other Jeeps area), but what is your caster angle set to? What you describe normally means not enough caster. That or the toe is not right.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

Stuka wrote:I know not the thread to get into a tech discussion (feel free to make one in the other Jeeps area), but what is your caster angle set to? What you describe normally means not enough caster. That or the toe is not right.
An alignment check is not a bad idea, although its been done after the work. I have not ran a stabilizer or track bar on it for years and been fine, but It is my wheeler and does take some abuse. I don't want to hijack Ed's thread. As I was reading through it again (envy is a bad thing!), I noticed he mentioned bilstein shocks and ss..
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

jpswapmohn wrote:Sort of an oddball question, but which steering stabilizer did you use from bilstein? I am actually asking for my YJ, which is SOA on FSJ D44's and 35's. After the last 2 "events", one of which lead to some time on a frame straightener and the other to having to get both axles rebuilt (broken rear ring, twisted ARB rear housing, splayed front CrMo axle shaft, etc..I done er gud!.8^), it does have a light steering wheel shake at highway speeds. Not enough to be concerning, but annoying on longer drives.
A steering dampener is only going to mask what is causing the issue. Inspect ball joints, uni bearings,TREs, and have your caster/camber checked.

jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

Guys, I really appreciate the advice. I don’t want to hijack this build thread.
I know the damper isn’t a “fix”. The front axle is completely rebuilt, new u-joints, ball joints, bearings, etc. I also had to replace the front leaf springs cause i bent them in that last event (ECI last year). I wanted a damper mainly for off-road response to bouncing off rocks, etc., but also prefer bilstein and wanted to know which one he went with.
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

DustinLangston

Post by DustinLangston »

What color is this?
sonoraed wrote:ImageImageImage
Believe or not finally started painting body parts!
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
1982 Wagoneer Limited 5.3L Vortec 4L60E swap - finished/restored - sold - bought back - sold again
1979 Wagoneer 360 TH400 1339 QT - built into perfect daily driver - sold
1981 J10 Sportside Honcho - finished/restored - sold
1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - 5.3L Vortec 6L80E swap - finished/restored - sold
1967 Super Wagoneer - sold, too much work
1978 J10 Golden Eagle - finished/restored - sold
1962 Rambler Classic Cross Country Wagon - current project, wife's daily driver - she'll never let me sell it

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

2005 Porsche Carmon Red Metallic

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

jpswapmohn wrote:Guys, I really appreciate the advice. I don’t want to hijack this build thread.
I know the damper isn’t a “fix”. The front axle is completely rebuilt, new u-joints, ball joints, bearings, etc. I also had to replace the front leaf springs cause i bent them in that last event (ECI last year). I wanted a damper mainly for off-road response to bouncing off rocks, etc., but also prefer bilstein and wanted to know which one he went with.
ImageImage
Welded a bracket on the dif and because it has SOA
Hi top steering flipped over the drag link and used it for the other end of stab

jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

Thank you! Looks like it has the correct difference between collapsed and extended. I think the stocker calls for 9.7” or something close. I will look into it.
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

We’re still here plugging away, Dakota Digital just came out with a new analog style instrument panel for 86 newer FSJ , never liked the old digital panel they had , anyway this panel solved a problem with fuel gauge the 99 suburban fuel tank oem sender read 49-249 ohms and Jeep IP was 0-90 ohms the Dakota Digital IP let’s you match burbs impedance plus temp input is from the LM7’s ECM which means one temp sender, only thing not worked out yet is speedometer transducer ( 700 r4 / Dana 20) but looks like DD 8 pulse will workImageImage

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

What's the back side look like? Are the lights led or bulbs?