Push on, Titania

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
TitaniaDieKrieger

Re: Push on, Titania

Post by TitaniaDieKrieger »

ProTouring442 wrote:You say it's "popping" when you turn. How many "pops?" Are you certain it's a rotational issue? Or does it only pop a couple times, then stop?

Do you have a posi in either differential?
Thank you. It's repetitive. and increases with speed. No posi. It's standard LSD I think. Hard to tell whole diff is covered in layers of dirt and oil. I pulled out the drivers side drive shaft and found it slightly bent. Was told this could cause it to hit the tube and make the tire shift around causing the pop.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Topic author
TitaniaDieKrieger

Well it has been a while. The axle shaft was the problem and I am working on getting a replacement.

Topic author
TitaniaDieKrieger

Looky looky I got hooky. Hey folks I'm back. Took longer than I thought due to some untimely expenses. But regardless I'm back on track. I have my brand new axle shaft from BJs installed which in fact did solve my problem. I cleaned my carb and am just about finished with updating my fuel system. Just ordered a new fuel pickup today that I will be putting into a new CLEAN Poly fuel tank. and I already put new fuel lines on. Pictures coming soon.

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

TitaniaDieKrieger wrote:I had a hard time getting the break caliper back on and was wondering if while in park the front brakes should be clamped?
They're closed enough that it's hard to get them back on. I use a giant C-clamp to compress the piston a bit so I can slide the caliper back on.
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

Topic author
TitaniaDieKrieger

shimniok wrote:
TitaniaDieKrieger wrote:I had a hard time getting the break caliper back on and was wondering if while in park the front brakes should be clamped?
They're closed enough that it's hard to get them back on. I use a giant C-clamp to compress the piston a bit so I can slide the caliper back on.
So I have noticed. I'm pretty sure I've pulled those calipers on and off a dozen or so times already.

Topic author
TitaniaDieKrieger

As promised the pictures.
12004121_10203643724493874_5819184106603906854_n.jpg
done and done. Oh besides the fact that I have to pull it off because one of the lock rings on the U joint isn't sitting all the way on.
KIMG0005.jpg
Anyone know exactly how to check if that cable on the bottom sticks or not? the throttle is on the other side so what is this one for?
KIMG0049.jpg
Yeah that is bad. That's no longer going into my engine.
KIMG0014.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

74cherokees1980

Post by 74cherokees1980 »

Nice rig man. These things can a a pain in the butt as you have certainly experienced. Listen for a sec, don't give up on this rig. I've been there where you are at and I have owned my 74 Cherokee for 4 years. I've done a lot to my rig as well and it's still a work in progress. Now your thinking great . . . Now I'm gonna have to wait this long to drive mine. Please just keep at it. You have a solid start to a project and it's an awesome looking rig and once you're done with it or where you'll want to be with it as a daily driver, weekend warrior, or trail rig you'll thank yourself for not selling it. I've been where your at or been for 4 years and there have been times I've wanted to give up because I've been so frustrated from one problem to another. Bur my parents and friends tell me if I sell my rig I'm gonna regret it. So keep on pushing on Titania.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
TitaniaDieKrieger

74cherokees1980 wrote: So keep on pushing on Titania.
Thank you. I certainly have a death grip on it now. After I get the gauges to work I'm (Finally) taking this old bastard wheeling. No way I'm giving up with so much more to do. I'm not even close to being homeless. Just need that fuel pickup to arrive.

Topic author
TitaniaDieKrieger

Fuel tank is installed and I took her for a test drive. It works perfectly and I'm getting more consistent flow then before. Fuel gauge still reads empty but I only put 5 gallons in so that's no big deal.

Next time our heroes fight the evils of a badly tuned Carburetor and the mystery of the non working gauges is explored. Stay tuned...

I read on a separate thread that the gauge cluster can be removed by reaching through the glove box hole and that the gauge panel voltmeter going bad may be the cause of my oil and coolant going out.

Topic author
TitaniaDieKrieger

Fixed my gauges easily enough and cleaned my carb up a little bit. But when I went to start her up ... Nothing. Turns out the little rod connecting the ignition lock cylinder and the switch broke on me. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: it's always something.

Topic author
TitaniaDieKrieger

Haven't posted an update in ages but i'm still chugging along. below is a list of things I've done.

Replaced all ignition wires since mine were burnt out causing major stalling issues.
Replaced the CAT to get it passed emissions.
other misc stuff
I am not the fasted worker mostly because my Jeep is sitting on base in the blistering sun and I usually decide to take my dog out instead. But I'm nearly done with a 6 month deployment and have some money to burn so you can look forward to some much needed updates.

First I'm going to pull out the steering column and fix the ignition rod
then fix the wiring for the sending unit so I can get fuel reading
after that I need to stop my QT from leaking.
after all that FINALLY weld in my floorboards and get my interior put back together.
Best of luck.