73 J2000 build

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
Konig_Gladiator

73 J2000 build

Post by Konig_Gladiator »

Jeep is coming home soon from its storage pasture so I figure good as time as any to start the build thread. Drove about 800 miles round trip to pick this up in March of 2017. Due to the love and care of the PO this truck needs a new braking system and wiring harness. I will also be installing a 4 inch lift, 33's and doing a trans and tcase rebuild. Vin says it was 4 barrel truck but it currently has a 2 barrel, so it will be getting a 4 barrel intake and carb.

Here we have some new brake line, flaring tool, master cylinder, wheel cylinders and the wiring harness.

Got some rollers while I work on it and new satin 15x8's for when it's ready for the road

73 J2000

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: 73 J2000 build

Post by Stuka »

Welcome to the forum!

Be aware the only company that makes a lift for that truck is Hell Creek (Unless another has popped up that I am not aware of). Looks like a good starting point. Hows the interior?
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Konig_Gladiator

I'm aware. This is my 3rd post mount truck, have a line on some springs from a member on ifsja already. Interior is shot, has a bench seat from some other vehicle that's all torn up. Will get some buckets.
73 J2000

Topic author
Konig_Gladiator

A few updates, got the truck home last weekend and tore into it. Ripped out all the old wiring, removed the rigged up fuel tank from the bed, stripped the interior.

Front brake inspection was not good. Both sides have major grooves in the drums. Sadly it appears it's due to the PO brake job. When I pulled the drums hardware fell out on both sides. Guess I'm going discs since finding 12 inch drums won't be easy.

73 J2000