Hi, new to the site near Portland Oregon

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
ScramblerCJ8

Hi, new to the site near Portland Oregon

Post by ScramblerCJ8 »

Hi, finally was able to log in and become an active member.
I have being reading all of the threads related to my ongoing projects and ones I have not started yet.
Getting ready to start a LS1 and 4L60E conversion on my 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer and 1966 Jeep j series, don't know what it is, someone else's unfinished project, still sitting on my trailer.
I bought the 89 wagon for 400 bucks from a GI at the Navy base in Bremerton Wa. has a bad engine, the truck I got from a guy that changed direction and decided to build a Willys truck instead. Got it for 140 bucks, just a rolling chassis, cab and front clip. Pretty rough, but cool, has the little rear window and a 1966 model is emissions exempt here in Oregon.
Will post picture when I figure out how to upload to the site. I'm a retired auto tech and not very knowledgeable on the pc world.
Thanks for reading.
Carlos. :D

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: Hi, new to the site near Portland Oregon

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Welcome Carlos from a fellow scrambler owner.
Tapatalk is an app that seems to make posting pics easier but it can be quirky sometimes.

Topic author
ScramblerCJ8

Post by ScramblerCJ8 »

Thanks for the info Ted, I will try it.
Also have a 1981 Scrambler, that I will be doing an LS1 swap, 700R4 Transmission, Dana 44 axles with ARB lockers and a t case out of a Rubicon TJ with 4:1 low. Got all the parts, but have to finish two other jeep projects in progress, so I can have room in my workshop.

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

ScramblerCJ8 wrote:Thanks for the info Ted, I will try it.
Also have a 1981 Scrambler, that I will be doing an LS1 swap, 700R4 Transmission, Dana 44 axles with ARB lockers and a t case out of a Rubicon TJ with 4:1 low. Got all the parts, but have to finish two other jeep projects in progress, so I can have room in my workshop.
Awesome. We love pics so can't wait to see your progress.ImageImage

will e

Post by will e »

Hey! Welcome from Arizona! Yeah, post some pics. Create a build thread too. You will get a lot of great advice, info and encouragement from the folks here.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

44bz

Post by 44bz »

I’m interested in your 66, I really dig the small rear window. I’m not far from you in Oregon City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1968 J2000 - AMC 327/T18/D20 (twin stick), stock D44s, 3" body lift, 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs w/ Kevlar