'78 Cherokee S Budget Restomod

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
Bareass

Re: '78 Cherokee S Budget Restomod

Post by Bareass »

has anyone had a front wheel stuck on? I mean, like really stuck!
i'm tried kicking, asking nicely, yelling at it, crying, lowering the jeep and rocking it, heat, rubber mallet, bottle jack againt the leaf spring.... i even tied a strap around the spokes and pulled with my wrangler in 4lo! oh, and lots of Deep Creep.
not sure what else to try. can't drive it, so that is out of the question. it is the aluminum slot wheel

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

You didn't mention removing the lug nuts but I'm assuming you started with that.

Bigger hammer on a 2x4 across the rim but maybe no room.

I guess I'd remove it hub and all from the axle so as to be able to set the assembly horizontal with an aluminum bar across the hub and whack on that.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

Bareass, you have the 78 exhaust manifolds same as my 79's. I have read in numerous articles that these manifolds are "one of the best flowing designs ever produced from the factory".
I agree with the other members ... headers are not a good idea for many reasons. Most leak, make plug changes even more challenging, and are a general high maintenance item. I'd stick with those factory manifolds if I were you. If you do remove them, I'll buy them.
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)