j10 bed rebuild

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
Hendo2.5

j10 bed rebuild

Post by Hendo2.5 »

does anyone know of a good thread that shows a bed being rebuilt? I have to beds that are rusted out in different places and I'm in the process of taking them apart and using them to rebuild one good one. Its a bigger process than I thought. Thanks.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: j10 bed rebuild

Post by Stuka »

I recall some photos of the bedsides being replaced, but that was ages and ages ago. It is a LOT of spot welds.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Hendo2.5

Post by Hendo2.5 »

yeah its a ton of spot welds and they wear out spot weld cutters like crazy. I've given up spending money on them cause its not worth it. I', just going with cheap and cheerful 3/8 bits and throwing them out every few cuts. I'm finding the back end tricky as the tail pieces are spot welded on the inside of the bed panels and i need to replace both of them. its turning into quite a mess. I'm thinking about turfing the whole thing and building a mock kaiser bed. the problem is the welder i have is only good for sheet metal and not for the thicker stuff.

jason1.henderson

Post by jason1.henderson »

Here are some pics of what I'm up against. Basically combining the good parts from the black one and the blue one. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk