Project Woody

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
waggoner5

Project Woody

Post by waggoner5 »

Project Woody is the rebuild and modifications of electrical, drivetrain, and body and I would have posted it here but I would rather be working than trying to figure out how to resize every picture I take....and I take alot :) Follow this link to the build on IH8MUD.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/project-woody.973142/

ShawnQ

Re: Project Woody

Post by ShawnQ »

Looks amazing!

Any details on your 6L80 tapshift wiring/programming?

Any details on your shift linkage setup?

Any details on your column shifter?

Any details on your transfer case shifter setup?

I have a 5.3/6l80 in my Jeep... Still haven't buttoned it all up (but it's all mounted).

Thanks
Shawn
1988 Grand Wagoneer, , 6" on 33x12.5 BFG M/Ts & Mickey Thompson Classic wheels
Currently undergoing a 5.3/6L80E/NP241C swap!
You can view my Build/Work In Progress thread by clicking HERE!

Topic author
waggoner5

Post by waggoner5 »

The Tap shift is wired but not tested yet although its based on the wiring for a late model GM truck so should work the same. programming was done by Speartech to make this work.

Shift linkage is pretty straight forward using most of the Jeep parts with exception of the piece that mounts to the side of the bell housing which I made. I will take pics tomorrow .

The column shifter is a stock 2500 GM truck shifter that I machined off and welded a early style end on to allow it to work in the Jeep column.

The transfer case is not hooked up yet because the stock Jeep shifter is directly on top of the 241C shifter. Not sure on how that will come together yet, exhaust is getting down now and after its installed I will concentrate on making it work. I am going to use it for all 4wd gears, 2wd, N,4hi,4low. The dash switch has been removed.

Topic author
waggoner5

Post by waggoner5 »

Tapshift works great, love that feature for sure. Cruise works, AC blows cold, trans shifter done with stockish linkage. Love this truck!

will e

Post by will e »

Very nicely done. I would love to see it in person. I bet it drives great.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

tedlovesjeeps71

Project Woody

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

All I got is.... Wowzers!!!! Awesome starting point and top notch work!!! Completely drool worthy!!
Mind sharing what/where you sourced the center console? Looks like a good fit.

Topic author
waggoner5

Post by waggoner5 »

Console was sourced from a 2000 base model Suburban. No rear AC and no front console. It was a little harder to find a base model, but since you can't buy the block off plates to remove the rear ac vents and front console pieces, it was worth the search. Thanks for the comments.

HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

I am LOVING that interior!! I think it makes the "luxury" option of the FSJ really stand out. Like looking inside a Cadillac :)
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"